Unofficial Mills

The UM Dream Schedule for R1

THIS IS THE BBC

THIS FORM IS NOW CLOSED, RESULTS ARE BELOW.

I have created this google form we can do, giving our dream R1 schedule.

Please complete before 12:00 GMT (midday) on Sunday 19 April. I will then use results to determine our ideal schedule.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyhht_XCjuXpJN1K9iu-295UNoFVdxQSiOT3u6H7IT4cYOpQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Very interesting indeed. A few votes for Dev on earlies and TCMS at breakfast. My favourite R1 Schedule. I have two ideas for a schedule one I submitted to the GDrive poll. The other I'll post here as it's more fantasy than reality (Mix of 00s-early 10s presenters) More so if a spinoff station launched..

4-6 Dev

6-10 Chris Moyles

10-1 Sara Cox

1-4 Matt Edmondson 

4-7 Scott Mills

7-9 Zane Lowe

9-11 Jo Whiley 

11-1 Huw Stephens

Friday

4-6 Chart with Reggie

6-7 Anthems with Reggie

7-9 Annie Mac

9-11 Pete Tong

11-1 Judge Jules

Saturday

9-11 Chappers and Dave

4-7 Nick Grimshaw and Annie Mac

7-8 Anthems with Colin Murray(Pre Record)

8-11 Westwood Rap Show

11-1 As 1Xtra

Sun

9-11 Edith Bowman

4-7 The Surgery with Aled

7-8 Anthems with.. (Guest Host- Pre Record)

8-9 Radio 1 Documentary 

Weekend 

6-9 Vernon Kay

1-4 Greg James

The UM Dream Schedule for R1

The Results

There are four parts to this results post:

1. My interpretation of the dream schedule based on the results
  2. Pie charts for the votes for each show
  3. Chart of the top 25 presenters based on total number of votes across the poll
  4. Other fun facts (including popularity of double acts)

My interpretation of the dream schedule based on the results

Where a presenter is the most popular choice for multiple slots, they are chosen for the one where there is no alternative who is both popular and available (i.e. the presenter in second place has been chosen elsewhere).

Despite the fact that Matt and Mollie were voted most popular for weekend breakfast, as Matt was more popular on his own overall (throughout the entire poll), I have decided to put Matt solo down for that slot.

Weekdays (Mon to Fri)

04:00 to 06:30 – Adele Roberts

06:30 to 10:00 – Greg James

10:00 to 13:00 – Arielle Free

13:00 to 16:00 – Scott and Chris

16:00 to 19:00 – Jordan North

Scott Mills for Chart on Fridays

19:00 to 21:00 – Annie Mac

21:00 to 23:00 – Rickie, Melvin and Charlie

23:00 to 01:00 – Jack Saunders

Weekend (Sat to Sun)

04:00 to 06:30 – Gregor Davidson

06:30 to 10:00 – Matt Edmondson

10:00 to 13:00 – Nick Grimshaw

13:00 to 16:00 – Dev and Alice

16:00 to 19:00 – MistaJam for Dance Anthems on Saturdays

Cel and Katie for Life Hacks on Sundays

Pie charts for the votes for each show

Click the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YIAUMAhox_46oleWcBaFqeG7NtywbgaP/view?usp=sharing

See key points at the top of the document for more information on this.

Chart of the top 25 presenters based on total number of votes across the poll

1. Scott Mills
  2. Jordan North
  3. Greg James
  4. Arielle Free
  5. Chris Stark
  6. Dev
  7. Alice Levine
  8. Matt Edmondson
  9. Annie Mac
  10. Nick Grimshaw
  11. Charlie Hedges
  12. Jack Saunders
  13. Katie Thistleton
  14. Adele Roberts
  15. Clara Amfo
  16. Melvin Odoom
  17. Rickie Haywood Williams
  18. Cel Spellman
  19. MistaJam
  20. Mollie King
  21. Gregor Davidson
  22. Riyadh Khalaf
  23. Huw Stephens
  24. Maya Jama
  25. Phil Taggart

Other fun facts (including popularity of double acts)

• There were 63 responses.
  • 67% of responses favoured including Friday in the weekday schedule, leaving only 33% favouring a three day weekend.
  • The most popular new presenters were (in no particular order): Riyadh Khalaf, Abbie McCarthy, Gregor Davidson, Jessica Maciel and Vick Hope.
  • Matt Edmondson is more popular alone than with Mollie.
  • Dev and Alice are more popular together than apart.
  • Dev was slightly more popular than Alice.
  • Cel and Katie are more popular together than apart.
  • Katie is more popular than Cel.
  • Scott and Chris are more popular as a duo than Scott is solo.
  • The only new double act suggested a significant number of times is Annie and Grimmy.
  • Rickie, Melvin and Charlie were always voted as a trio other than for dance anthems where Charlie was preferred solo.