Unofficial Mills

2020 in Dundee?

OohErr

55 minutes ago, OohErr said:

I heard a trail on Adele's show this morning about 0455 (yes I was up that early driving to work) with Greg starting to announce it then Jordan butting in saying "Not yet Greg" 

It should be Coventry next year & they need to spread it across all four countries to a certain degree. At the end of the day there’s also only so many councils that are able to provide funding for events like this, look at Coventry turning it down a good few years ago.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, 1_tw said:

It should be Coventry next year & they need to spread it across all four countries to a certain degree. At the end of the day there’s also only so many councils that are able to provide funding for events like this, look at Coventry turning it down a good few years ago.

I back this idea. Bring it to the Midlands!

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

A bit annoying but probably the correct decision. It does mean that any fun about guessing the location for next year will be taken away now though, which is frustrating as that’s another year without it being in the midlands. 

I would say it is the right choice given what going on. 

This is radio 1, so I hope they will find a way. or go somewhere ells 

Interesting that the Big Weekend won't go ahead at all, as opposed to it merely being postponed like most other things have been.

Depending on how the situation unfolds over the coming months, I can see the Ibiza Weekend having the same fate unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, Ant L said:

Interesting that the Big Weekend won't go ahead at all, as opposed to it merely being postponed like most other things have been.

Depending on how the situation unfolds over the coming months, I can see the Ibiza Weekend having the same fate unfortunately.

I think this is maybe that Big weekend is seen as many and by radio 1  to be the first big festival and that it USP. And radio 1 don't want to lose that.  

• 3 weeks later...