Unofficial Mills

Breakfast Deps?

Audio_Nerd

With 2019 being the year that Matt and Mollie extended into the week, to cover for Greg, transitioning away from Scott and Chris deputising Breakfast, do you think they were the right call to take over?  I’ve certainly had my criticisms.  In the new year, who do you think would be the best Breakfast dep?  It’ll be interesting to see if they switch up who covers, that’d be a better policy I think, trying out different pairings and DJs.

1 hour ago, Audio_Nerd said:

With 2019 being the year that Matt and Mollie extended into the week, to cover for Greg, transitioning away from Scott and Chris deputising Breakfast, do you think they were the right call to take over?  I’ve certainly had my criticisms.  In the new year, who do you think would be the best Breakfast dep?  It’ll be interesting to see if they switch up who covers, that’d be a better policy I think, trying out different pairings and DJs.

I hope Matt and Mollie don’t cover again. Can’t stand them together. Would like to see Dev and Alice have a shot.

23 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

I hope Matt and Mollie don’t cover again. Can’t stand them together. Would like to see Dev and Alice have a shot.

Dev and Alice would be really good I think, would enjoy hearing them have a shot.  But, would they commit to depping for two weeks?  They’re both busy, especially Alice.

49 minutes ago, Audio_Nerd said:

Dev and Alice would be really good I think, would enjoy hearing them have a shot.  But, would they commit to depping for two weeks?  They’re both busy, especially Alice.

I love Dev and Alice and think they’re the best on the station at the moment, but I think that’s the problem, that neither of them would probably be able to commit to a weekday slot as they’d both be off for half the time.

7 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

I love Dev and Alice and think they’re the best on the station at the moment, but I think that’s the problem, that neither of them would probably be able to commit to a weekday slot as they’d both be off for half the time.

I can see them taking over Scotts show if he went to R2 full time

I think Scott is still the "backup" because he has covered a few times, specially when Greg was kidnapped and did a runner with Grimmy and is still doing NYD, so maybe M&M is prime cover and Scott is now 2nd cover 

Dev and Alice, no yes they are great but they function far better later in the day

I would like to see Jordan dep on his own for Greg personally - how about this for a curve ball - Grimmy depping lol 

Has potential to happen if no one else was available

Sara Cox did for Moyles after she was kicked off breakfast 

11 hours ago, Lee E said:

I can see them taking over Scotts show if he went to R2 full time

I think Scott is still the "backup" because he has covered a few times, specially when Greg was kidnapped and did a runner with Grimmy and is still doing NYD, so maybe M&M is prime cover and Scott is now 2nd cover 

Dev and Alice, no yes they are great but they function far better later in the day

I would like to see Jordan dep on his own for Greg personally - how about this for a curve ball - Grimmy depping lol 

Has potential to happen if no one else was available

Sara Cox did for Moyles after she was kicked off breakfast 

If/when Jordan is the incumbent on Drive, Dev and Alice would potentially be great for regular cover.  

4 hours ago, Lee E said:

I think Jordan getting drive is an almost done deal 

what annoyed me was there was no formal notice that Scott was no longer breakfast cover, no celebration, no announcement just changed and that was that 

For Radio 1 they don’t tend to announce cover, the average listener couldn’t care less so it’d just be a service for us lot.

On 12/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, Audio_Nerd said:

For Radio 1 they don’t tend to announce cover, the average listener couldn’t care less so it’d just be a service for us lot.

No I know - But seeing as Scott has been breakfast Dep for 20 years i'd have thought they would have marked it