Unofficial Mills

'Radio 1 management think Scott should replace Moyles'

Kay

I really don't know who will replace Moyles. I would say Mills- but I think he has to make more of a name for himself. In 2003, you could walk down a street and ask 10 people if they knew who Moyles was, and they would know straight away. I dont know if it is the same for Mills. To most people he is just "A Voice".

If he wants to do Breakfast I think he should get some TV Work in.....I think for most Scott Mills is a big "wwwhooooooooo?!".

Or he seems to be at my work- they know the voice, but not the face. Which Radio 1 management seem to like on Brekkie:

Moyles, Cox, Ball, Evans etc.

I disagree, I think if people know who Moyles is they know who Mills is. As these days it's what Radio 1 revolves around - Wake up with Moyles, Get Home with Moyles.

You say "if he wants to do breakfast" - I don't think he wants to do it, but if he was offered it he would take it. He's quite happy on afternoons where things are much more free to do things.

That's not actually exactly what he said. He set up a poll asking who people think are the best at 'filling in for Chris' and he says that the management think Scott is the best person to do that (obviously, as he is doing just that). Nowhere does Aled mention that they feel he should 'take over' from Chris (I don't think it would be a wise move for Aled to suggest something like that). Anyway, I don't want to burst your bubble, but just thought I'd clarify things a bit.

Good point well put.

To be honest I don't think Scott could handle the breakfast show. If he did start doing it then there is a good chance I would just flick over to Terry Wogan because the kind of stuff Scott goes over is not really the stuff I want to hear at that time of the morning. If he did go and he was to be successful he would need to change the whole structure of his show, look at the difference between Moyles now and the Moyles from drive time, completely different.

I can see why they might want to move him though because he is up against Evans on radio 2 now and I'm sorry but Chris Evans is a fantastic broadcaster, was listening to him yesterday and he is going to be the new king of drivetime, which is a pity for Scott.

Yeah, I don't want to be getting up at 6:55am every morning if I don't have to. And it's hard to listen until 10am when I've got actual things going on.

But perhaps one day it is inevitable. But for now, I like Scott exactly where he is (normally, not this week).

Getting up at 6:55am in the morning? Not unless you live a stone's throw away from Yalding House. I would guess that the team are in from much earlier - maybe 6 ish to do a bit of show prep/briefing etc. I think I have it bad sometimes, having to get up at 6:30am but spare a thought for breakfast TV and radio presenters!

Getting up at 6:55am in the morning? Not unless you live a stone's throw away from Yalding House. I would guess that the team are in from much earlier - maybe 6 ish to do a bit of show prep/briefing etc. I think I have it bad sometimes, having to get up at 6:30am but spare a thought for breakfast TV and radio presenters!

I think she meant to listen in, not talking about the team :-)