• New on Unofficial Mills

Sign in to follow this  
abertom

Saturday sports show on Radio 1

44 minutes ago, abertom said:

does anyone else think a sports/music show would be a welcome addition to Radio 1 on a Saturday maybe in the 10-1 slot replacing greatest hits? 

Its been done before( Rock N Roll football on Absolute...) 

44 minutes ago, abertom said:

does anyone else think a sports/music show would be a welcome addition to Radio 1 on a Saturday maybe in the 10-1 slot replacing greatest hits? 

I think it would suit the 1-4 slot - many community stations have their sports shows in that slot on a Saturday (2-6 alot of them) 

1 hour ago, anothernerd2 said:

Its been done before( Rock N Roll football on Absolute...) 

I don’t mean live sport and suggested 10-1 or 10-12 as from 12 the main sports fans would switch over to 5 live or go and play/watch sports then. 

That's an interesting suggestion - sport is generally something you don't hear much about on Radio 1, outside of breakfast news. I wonder if it would just be too much of a risk, given that for a lot of people, sport is just a turn off. Still, I think it's something Radio 1 could do very well, particularly coverage of women's sports.

I think the equivalent was Chappers and Dave when they would broadcast over the summer months around the World Cup period. I think they also broadcast from a few sporting initiatives (if I recall) as I remember them broadcasting from  the Sportspark in Norwich.

I just can't see who'd do it Scott and Chris would be on 5live then. My other choice would be Dev but unless it's prerecorded. Nick Bright could do it but again he's on 1xtra and 5live over that weekend so I can't think of who'd do it. What's your idea for the format? Tagert audience?