The Football Season 2006/07

DC

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love it when football clubs go bankrupt. You can see this sense of confusion everywhere, people thinking that it's such a big deal when in fact it's just some people kicking a ball around.

On a side note it will be nice to see my local team stop swearing so much and being chavs so i could take my boy to a game, but then again i'll just keep taking him to the rugby instead so he can be surrounded by people with brains.

I love it when football clubs go bankrupt. You can see this sense of confusion everywhere, people thinking that it's such a big deal when in fact it's just some people kicking a ball around.

On a side note it will be nice to see my local team stop swearing so much and being chavs so i could take my boy to a game, but then again i'll just keep taking him to the rugby instead so he can be surrounded by people with brains.

how can you possibly love it when clubs go bankrupt?, people lose their livelyhood's, The fact is that people from smaller towns who have weaker teams prefer to support the bigger fish meaning clubs of a small local stature have little hope of ever achieving anything as they simply do not have the funds to improve facilities/playing staff enough to compete at a higher level.

If you're good enough to make a living kicking a ball then you could join another club. I see so many people making a living from football playing league 2 (that's division 4) when they're not very good. How typical of the british to reward and applaud mediocrity as usual.

yes but my point is many people who are not good enough are normally snapped up the smaller clubs to play at a low level as they cannot afford anybody that can put 2 passes together, how can the small clubs possibly survive if they are not financially viable to afford better facilities and budgets to attract younger/more able players?

why not?, if these clubs dont exist there would probably be more of a problem with Chavs on the streets, there are clubs like Gretna FC who came from absolutely nowhere but Brookes Mileston has done a fantastic job with them. The club is not only good to watch but they are good for the community as they take PE classes at school which keeps the kids interested in the sport. The more publicity the lower clubs give the better support they are more likely to get and the more chance of them actually training somebody up at a young enough age to progress through the ranks.

The verdit of the Italian match-fixing scandal should be revealed tonight or tomorrow morning. According to one Italian newspaper Milan will stay in Serie A and Lazio, Fiorentina and Juventus will get chucked into Serie B. There is also rumours of Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina being relegated to Serie B and Juventus being put into one of the much lower leagues, all with at least a 15 point deduction.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

Ouch!, the verdict on the Italian Match fixing scandal is out...

Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been relegated to Serie B following the outcome of the Italian match-fixing scandal, but Milan will stay in the top flight.

Turin giants Juventus have also been stripped of the last two Serie A titles the team have won, been fined €80,000 (£50,000) and have also been handed a 30-point deduction for next season.

Joining the Old Lady in Serie B are Lazio, who have been docked seven points for next season, and Fiorentina, who have been hit with a 12-point penalty.

Milan have avoided demotion to the second tier of Italian football, although they have been penalised 15 points for next term.

In addition, the Rossoneri will not take part in the coming campaign's UEFA Champions League after being docked 44 points from last season's total.

The punishments mean that Italy will need to find three new entrants for Champions League participation due to the sanctions against Fiorentina, Juventus and Milan.

Several officials have also been hit hard following the verdict in the match-fixing scandal which arose after allegations that Juventus tried to arrange the appointment of referees.

Former Juve general manager Luciano Moggi has been banned from the game for five years - the same penalty meted out to Antonio Giraudo.

Ex-Italian Football Federation president Franco Carraro has been suspended for four years and six months - the same length of time which referee Massimo De Sanctis has been banned for.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has been banned for 12 months, Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle for four years and Lazio supremo Claudio Lotito for three years.

The scandal has rocked Italian football and has taken the gloss off the national team's recent World Cup victory, with some having called for leniency.

But Italian Federation Commission judge Cesare Ruperto has come down hard on the clubs involved, with the punishments possibly seeing a mass exodus from those concerned.

Juventus could lose the likes of Fabio Cannavaro, Gianluca Zambrotta, David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the 30-point penalty making an immediate return to Serie A a tough ask.

Fiorentina will face a fight to hang on to the likes of Luca Toni, while Lazio full back Massimo Oddo is expected to be in demand.

The lack of European football at Milan could also witness Gennaro Gattuso and Andrea Pirlo, among others, move on to pastures new.

All four clubs are expected to appeal against the verdicts, but as things stand Internazionale and Roma would qualify automatically for next term's Champions League.

Chievo Verona and Palermo would enter at the preliminary stage, while Livorno, Empoli and Parma would go into the Uefa Cup.

There will also be a reprieve for Messina, Lecce and Treviso, who had initially been relegated last season, although there is a new inquiry relating to the former-named club.

Well done to the Italian FA for taking action, this will show other clubs that stuff like this is not tolorated, if the same thing happened with the big clubs in Engalnd, the FA would just give them a slap on the wrist as it cost them in sponsers etc.

"Just one more game, I promise"

It's nice that we have a civilised society so that comments like the above will never be taken seriously. I would criticise your comment but anyone with half a brain understands why what you have said is preposterous.

i was taking the pi*s, and i was probably drunk so please dont hurt me etc.... i dont want them banned really.

it just seems over in italy they are going relegationtastic. then again for good reason.

we could see viera on the move again, and to think he went to juventus for cl glory...

on the grid.