Unofficial Mills

Love Island's Amy Hart accuses BBC Radio 1 of "trivialising her pain" over Curtis dumping prank

OohErr

3 hours ago, OohErr said:

I've (proudly) never seen an episode of Love Island in my life. But apparently someone off it called Amy isn't happy with Chris.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a28643280/love-island-amy-hart-bbc-radio-1-curtis-pritchard-prank/

Finally someone else who hasn’t watched this! Didn’t hear this but she seems a bit stuck up. What can she do to Radio 1? It’s not defamation it was a joke form what I gather.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I must admit a broad smile to myself when I got in the car just after 1pm today and realised I'd timed it perfectly to avoid Danny! Just listened back to that earlier link, just horrific and what's worse is that Danny doesn't seem to have improved even vaguely since the first show. As Greg20 said, the show is being driven by a producer which makes the mess even less excusable.
    • The shows surely being driven for him so all he has to do is talk between the tracks and he can’t get even get that right 
    • I thought the same to that comment, the license fee is going on me babes 
    • What with Jamie Laing, now him. Is it time for a new Head of the station?
    • He also just said coming up we have brand new segment, I thought they were a band 🤣 how did this man get on Radio 1? Aled needs his head testing. It’s an insult people who deserve to be on the radio 
    • Of all the times not mention capital it's probably now? Jordan is flying on breakfast with chris & sian and there's a presenter on friday and saturday that doesn't know who a main r1 artist, tldp are. Mentions capital which surely has to be a big no no given recent events and then says the licence fee goes to me. Talk about vom. We can't have it on here no more as it's that unlistenable and I'm about to switch back for m&m, but this is a Maya Jama x50 level mess of a show. Forget fading the microphone down, the entire show needs fading down
    • As positives go, at least Danny said what the last song played was and upcoming song played was. Plus I guess in that link are perhaps ideas for content (asking listeners to come up with bands from things around them, things that have happened to them this week). That's where's the positives end. It comes across as no thought has gone into what Danny will say next. It gives me proper flashbacks to some Jamie Laing links (especially that one show where he was unexpectedly solo). It's ironic that for all the duos and trios on the station - the one show and DJ that is positively crying out for another DJ to help show them the ropes is left all solo. At least with Jamie Laing they learnt their lesson and he's not been left solo since.
    • How he was just faded out at the end of the link reminded me of the Oscars music fading you out 
    • RPReplay_Final1713612277.mp4   You’re welcome
    • At a time when Radio 1 has surely lost listeners to Capital at Breaktast you’d be trying to protect the station so people switch back.  Certainly yesterday I didn’t switch back to Radio 1 at all.
    • Was abysmal…Surely Danny can’t be a contender for anything permanent when the new schedules are locked in I.e Matt and Mollies slot 
    • Alexandra Burke creating the phrase 'Elephant In The Room' whooooooooo
    • Zane Versus.... Whooooooooo. Do You Do Fridays? WhooOOOooo.  
    • The Capital Breakfast show is right up my street so far - such a fun listen. You've both been great on Radio 1 and are sounding excellent again on Capital A few quickfire questions: You've both been part of some great pairings on radio and on podcast - what goes into making a duo or trio work and sound great on air? Also, Chris - were there ever any discussions about you moving over to Radio 2 with Scott or had the Global offer already come first? Also how do you both go about managing that split between your radio 'you' and the private 'you'? You share a lot on air but also there's some understandably some stuff you keep private (famously Jordan doesn't 'talk about those things'). And how do you make sure if you're having a miserable day or are a bit low that it doesn't come across too much on air?    
    • What a nightmare link at 11.15am this morning. Spent 30 seconds waffling about the name of The Last Dinner Party as if he’d never heard it before, then started mentioning Capital and the license fee, and how it’s been used to pay for him to be there, and was then cut off by the start of the next song.