Unofficial Mills

Hello New Members!

John

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello- Radio 1 listener since 2009 (although I've recently been listening to some Mark and Lard and Moyles shows from 2004), forum lurker since shortly after, and now I've decided to take the plunge and finally sign up!

(By the way, what's happened to Viv and Doovde, I haven't seen their bickering on the forum for ages!)

Hello- Radio 1 listener since 2009 (although I've recently been listening to some Mark and Lard and Moyles shows from 2004), forum lurker since shortly after, and now I've decided to take the plunge and finally sign up!

(By the way, what's happened to Viv and Doovde, I haven't seen their bickering on the forum for ages!)

Welcome along! Real nice to see someone who has some time for the history of Radio 1 as well as the current/future.

I guess they moved on, the forum sadly is dead compared to 2005 - 2008. I guess people move on, but I don't think the social media boom past those dates helps forums these days. It's not quite the same, as people don't communicate as they would on here.

on the grid.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time lurker! Decided I would finally join the forums. Long time Radio 1 listener and Scott Mills fan from Glasgow.

I've met the man twice but the first time I accidentally hit him with a shoe and the second time I was very drunk and almost swore live on Radio 1. So, yeah, not the best first (or second) impression to make but hopefully your first (and second) impression of me won't be as bad.

• 5 months later...

Hello there. I'm in America and I'm a Scott MIlls newbie -- but I am so, so hooked. I was aware of him as the guy who sometimes subbed in for Nick Grimshaw on the Breakfast Show, and I enjoyed listening to him, but within the past week or so he just clicked for me, and now I've been binge-watching Innuendo Bingos and binge-listening to the podcasts while at work. Still trying to catch up on recent stuff before diving into the older podcasts, thank you to this site for feeding my addiction.

• 1 year later...

Just recently discovered this website and so happy I did.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate the entire site team on a wonderful job you have done with the website - especially the impressive podcast archive which I really appreciate and will be delving into as soon as I have written this!

Secondly, it's so nice to find a place that I can come to outside of the hours that I listen to Radio 1 (weekdays 1-7pm!) - you all seem such a friendly bunch and I shall look forward to joining in with the discussions :)

17 hours ago, dankargo said:

Firstly I'd like to congratulate the entire site team on a wonderful job you have done with the website - especially the impressive podcast archive which I really appreciate and will be delving into as soon as I have written this!

Secondly, it's so nice to find a place that I can come to outside of the hours that I listen to Radio 1 (weekdays 1-7pm!) - you all seem such a friendly bunch and I shall look forward to joining in with the discussions :)

Hello! Hope you enjoy using the site and chatting to us all. You could say it's like chrismoyles.net but without all the self-importance.

Notable users are Jono (founder, owner, and everything else), newsbeat (not active anymore but loads of great posts), TMD_24 (good opinions) and OohErr, one of my favourites primarily for his (her?) username. Still to this day, I think it's Greg James in disguise. 

Welcome to page 69 of this thread, too. ;) 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi should have introduced myself. I am Lee, from Sussex. Radio enthusiast, mage geek, and very keen listener to R1 daytimes, fan of Scott's show and admire his career, as well as other R1 presenters. Was early 20's in the "go to work with Moyles and come home with Mills" era.

Love chatting to you guys and finding out loads of stuff from the knowledge here, great site, am also on the Moyles version.

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

Hi, I’m new here. 

I’m Dan and I have been lurking on the forum for a while now and with being on the UM whatsapp chat, I thought it was time to join in with the discussions! 

Hey Dan welcome to the forums

Lee (the one who sent the tweet to Jono)

I always forget to look at this section, but welcome along to all of you!

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, Dan18F1 said:

Hi, I’m new here. 

I’m Dan and I have been lurking on the forum for a while now and with being on the UM whatsapp chat, I thought it was time to join in with the discussions! 

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Lee E said:

Hi should have introduced myself. I am Lee, from Sussex. Radio enthusiast, mage geek, and very keen listener to R1 daytimes, fan of Scott's show and admire his career, as well as other R1 presenters. Was early 20's in the "go to work with Moyles and come home with Mills" era.

Love chatting to you guys and finding out loads of stuff from the knowledge here, great site, am also on the Moyles version.

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:45 AM, Alex9.4 said:

Fresher here (also an international listener)! I love this website and all the job you guys do with the archive. Keep going! 

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, Junaid said:

New! :)

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:04 PM, dankargo said:

• 5 months later...

wow it seems nobody uses this anymore but hi everyone! Love reading the forum, so interesting seeing some fellow enthusiasts points of view.

my favourite presenters are Scott and Chris (obvs), Greg, and phil taggart(underrated much)

Keep up the amazing work on the website!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it about time to say hi,long time listener to the podcast mainly as i don't get much time at work for anything but podcasts and in the minority as half of the music isn't really my cup of tea.

Haven't listened to breakfast since CM days and couldn't be happier for Greg getting the job.

Scott is by far my favorite R1 dj and was amazing with Laura to start then chappers and Beccy have had me in stitches many times and got a lot of strange looks because of them, as for stark not so much.

This is a great site giving hours of enjoyment, hosting the podcasts as well, i thank you all for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, Phrank said:

Thought it about time to say hi,long time listener to the podcast mainly as i don't get much time at work for anything but podcasts and in the minority as half of the music isn't really my cup of tea.

Haven't listened to breakfast since CM days and couldn't be happier for Greg getting the job.

Scott is by far my favorite R1 dj and was amazing with Laura to start then chappers and Beccy have had me in stitches many times and got a lot of strange looks because of them, as for stark not so much.

This is a great site giving hours of enjoyment, hosting the podcasts as well, i thank you all for that.

Always lovely to hear from someone enjoying the podcasts - takes a lot of work but it pays off when people say they're enjoying it all!

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Isaac and I’m currently a Computer Science student. I am also a massive radio geek as well – I’ve been listening to Radio 1 now for 6 years and to The Official Chart for nearly 6 and a half years.

I’ve been a long time lurker on this forum (5 years I think!) and I’ve loved reading the comments and posts about Radio 1 ever since I found this. I’ve always wanted to join in the fun with comments and posts of my own but I’ve either delayed putting it off or been too shy to make a move. Hopefully, with everything strange going on, now is the right time.

I look forward to getting more involved with the forum during times of big discussion here, whatever happens to Radio 1. Maybe a new presenter might join. Maybe Scott Mills will do 9 years in the afternoons. Maybe Jordan North will get the primetime slot he deserves. But for now … thanks for having me!