Unofficial Mills

Favourite Radio 1 Presenters

anothernerd

Past or present, Whooooo’s your favourite Radio 1 presenter? Is there anyone you would love to hear back on the airwaves?

For me one of my favourite radio presenters of all time, Quite controversy is Chris Moyles. I’ve always loved the laid back format of his show. In a fictional world, I’d love to see Chris do a nighttime show on Radio 1. 

My favourite radio 1 presenters at the minute are of course the big man himself Scott. Jordon North- So underappticted by the BBC just stuck on a Sunday show. Arielle Free( technically not an official presenter...) Whenever she’s on, it’s great. I really love her   Enthusiasm, she’s full of high energy always. She needs to be singed soon otherwise I’m sure she’ll get poached by Global or Bauer for our show! Greg James- He’s got a lot better after his holdiay. His breakfast show is one of the few good ones left in my opinion 

Scott and Chris obvs, but yes I agree Chris Moyles was fantastic. I’d like to hear Matt Edmondson go back to his old late night slot with the risky themes - his late night interview with Ross Kemp was hilarious!  Also, the big man Charlie Sloth. Shame he lost it at those awards. I didn’t listen to his show but he was funny when he came on Scots show: You’re fattest, no, your fattest!!

Current I would have to say Dev and Alice together. They work so well off each other and their show often sounds quite different to anything you’d hear anywhere else. 

In the past I would also have to say Moyles although I only starting to listen to R1 about a year before he left so I didn’t get the ‘golden years’ of him! 

Scott of course and Chris has revitalized his show

Moyles from yesteryear - I would also say Sara as well in her later years at R1

Currently Dev and Alice are upping their game and I really like the new three from Kiss they've fitted in really well and I'd take a punt that it won't be too long until they appear on daytime

23 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

Current I would have to say Dev and Alice together. They work so well off each other and their show often sounds quite different to anything you’d hear anywhere else. 

In the past I would also have to say Moyles although I only starting to listen to R1 about a year before he left so I didn’t get the ‘golden years’ of him! 

Suprised by the fact non's mentioned the big man himself Zane Lowe. His show when i listened was always great. Mind you his format on beats 1 is a lot more new music heavy.

I picked up Radio 1 about 2005-2006 time. Then found it again years later in 2017- Around the time of their 50th birthday celebration.

Dev and Alice are great together. Its not fake, it seems they generally get on and they have the same sense of humour which boosts the show greatly

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed recently how Scott Mills is more open on air about his sexuality? For years he used to say that he “doesn’t have much luck with the ladies.” But now now he sometimes mentions his boyfriend and I think it’s great how he doesn’t hold back like has has done over the years. Everyone knows Scott is gay and when he revealed it many years ago, it didn’t change a thing for him working at Radio 1.

Good on him. ?

1 hour ago, Ryan Pannell said:

Has anyone noticed recently how Scott Mills is more open on air about his sexuality? For years he used to say that he “doesn’t have much luck with the ladies.” But now now he sometimes mentions his boyfriend and I think it’s great how he doesn’t hold back like has has done over the years. Everyone knows Scott is gay and when he revealed it many years ago, it didn’t change a thing for him working at Radio 1.

Good on him. ?

Hadn’t noticed it, but now you say it, he has started being more open about his life.  As you say, good on him ?.

11 hours ago, Mike123 said:

Hadn’t noticed it, but now you say it, he has started being more open about his life.  As you say, good on him ?.

I suppose there’s quite a few LGBT ?️‍? djs on radio 1 now like Grimmy and Adele Roberts as well, all on daytime! So that could be more comforting to Scott? 

1 hour ago, anothernerd said:

I suppose there’s quite a few LGBT ?️‍? djs on radio 1 now like Grimmy and Adele Roberts as well, all on daytime! So that could be more comforting to Scott? 

Maybe, although I do wonder if it’s more a case of everyone being more open about these things in 2019, compared to when Scott started in the late 90s, and I think he feels much more comfortable and himself on air these days.