Unofficial Mills

What shall we ask Scott?

Jono

This is a slightly leftfield and eccentric question (I hope), but seeing as Scott's interest in her was the main reason why I started to love Taylor Swift, I think it's a good idea to ask this: what made Scott become interested and/or obsessed with her and her music to the extent that he started the whole "our leader"/"leader of the pop illuminati" schtick back in late 2014?

An additional question on the same subject would be: what is Scott's favourite Taylor Swift song of all time? 

I hope these fit with the non serious vibe you were wanting Jono!

Serious question; I've noticed that your'e covering Radio 2 shows a bit now, is the start of the transition? and why aren't you covering Greg's leave these weeks

Would you consider being interviewed on my Community radio drivetime show by phone to support the cause and endorse such projects and share any tips for aspiring presenters

What is your five year plan

What has been your most memorable radio moment

1. "U okay hun?"
  2. Any more details of his recent R2 activity would be nice to hear.
  3. His thoughts about the LOLathon or doing a marathon show in general.
  4. Still about the LOLathon, but not quite: would he ever accept a regular late night slot where he could be as rude as that was in the late hours?

13 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I heard Grimmy mention him a few weeks back. Which I was suprised at considering he took breakfast of Moyles- with a lot of backlash as well 

From what I've heard it was a bit of an acrimonious exit for him - he's mentioned that he wanted to do ten years and that R1 didn't allow that to happen and insisted he announced his exit almost immediately.

10 hours ago, mjharmstone said:

From what I've heard it was a bit of an acrimonious exit for him - he's mentioned that he wanted to do ten years and that R1 didn't allow that to happen and insisted he announced his exit almost immediately.

Moyles was very controversial to say the least so perhaps that’s why they try to lid him( alltough he came back for the Radio 1 Vintage. ?‍♂️

Intrestingly him and Scott are the same age. I do wonder how long Scott’s got left ?!!

3 hours ago, anothernerd said:

Moyles was very controversial to say the least so perhaps that’s why they try to lid him( alltough he came back for the Radio 1 Vintage. ?‍♂️

Intrestingly him and Scott are the same age. I do wonder how long Scott’s got left ?!!

I’m sure when his time on radio 1 wraps up he’ll have a massively successful career on radio 2, fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Mike123 said:

I’m sure when his time on radio 1 wraps up he’ll have a massively successful career on radio 2, fingers crossed.

That would be werid, for years he’s been on 1 playing everything from girl bands and boy bands to rappers and a few pop stars in between. Then he’d be playing ABBA or someone from the 80s comeback single

11 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

That would be werid, for years he’s been on 1 playing everything from girl bands and boy bands to rappers and a few pop stars in between. Then he’d be playing ABBA or someone from the 80s comeback single

Radio 2 also play current chart music, but yeah it’s be a massive transition as well, and I’m sure radio 2 could be Scott’s chance to eventually have a good run on breakfast or drive again.

I am hedging a bet with the new joint controller role coming in, that Scott makes a permanent move to R2 in the next year maybe bar the Chart on a Friday, and he replaces Steve Wright or Ken Bruce or Vine but as a music show not what Vine does now

3 hours ago, Lee E said:

I am hedging a bet with the new joint controller role coming in, that Scott makes a permanent move to R2 in the next year maybe bar the Chart on a Friday, and he replaces Steve Wright or Ken Bruce or Vine but as a music show not what Vine does now

I agree. I could see him doing drive or breakfast on radio 2 some point down the line

On 4/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, mjharmstone said:

I think it's very interesting that there was no mention (or celebration) at all of Scott reaching 20 years on Radio 1.

Yeah it was rather odd, but then Scott has never been one to play on the fact he's been there that long, he doesn't like reminding people he has been

TBF most of his younger audience probably wouldn't know he'd been there that long anyway, or even remember him on drive 

CM would have played on it big time on the contrary if he had made 20 years on R1 and 10 on breakfast on 2014, but he'd never be on daytime now, maybe if he'd taken Grimmys old slot he was offered he still wouldn't be there now and only one day at weekends and some R2 work

Scott is bang on target still and caters for his right audience, older studying students and uni people and people at home in the day and driving for work, which are generally late 20s early 30s upwards 

He adapts to the chart and Dance Anthems well and he has proven countless times he can become more R2 style in an instant so much so we had him on in the car Sat and my Mrs asked me to put Mr Jam back on ! as she thought it was boring talking to people about marathons and all

What he has done on R2 in three hours Saturday is more speech than a whole week on 1-4 shows 

I bet he did more voice in hour 1 than a whole weekday show 3hrs 

I seriously think he is no longer primary breakfast cover now, and instead he's being given opportunity to cover on R2

16 hours ago, Lee E said:

Yeah it was rather odd, but then Scott has never been one to play on the fact he's been there that long, he doesn't like reminding people he has been

TBF most of his younger audience probably wouldn't know he'd been there that long anyway, or even remember him on drive 

CM would have played on it big time on the contrary if he had made 20 years on R1 and 10 on breakfast on 2014, but he'd never be on daytime now, maybe if he'd taken Grimmys old slot he was offered he still wouldn't be there now and only one day at weekends and some R2 work

Scott is bang on target still and caters for his right audience, older studying students and uni people and people at home in the day and driving for work, which are generally late 20s early 30s upwards 

He adapts to the chart and Dance Anthems well and he has proven countless times he can become more R2 style in an instant so much so we had him on in the car Sat and my Mrs asked me to put Mr Jam back on ! as she thought it was boring talking to people about marathons and all

What he has done on R2 in three hours Saturday is more speech than a whole week on 1-4 shows 

I bet he did more voice in hour 1 than a whole weekday show 3hrs 

I seriously think he is no longer primary breakfast cover now, and instead he's being given opportunity to cover on R2

I hope we see him get some prime time cover work for Radio 2 then, as they seem to have sidelined him from breakfast cover over Matt and Mollie, as you said.