Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Playlist

anothernerd

Just wondering Does anyone have a fav time for the R1 Playlist? Recently my playlist is mostly of songs I heard on Radio 1 

For me my fav times was Sept 17-Feb 18 ish. The music was great the presenters were ace even Grimmy sounded slightly good! I kinda rediscovered Radio 1 at this point after not listening to it for a while. 

Whats your fav time for the playlist and any good memories with/of it?

That's a tough one, my memory is not that good to remember exactly what was played when, I'd have to wander around on the web archive first.

The only one I know by date is the first one I ever heard (sadly that wasn't cached so here's the one from the week after): https://web.archive.org/web/20110119165600/www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/. Looking back at it now it still had loads of crap ones, but I only remember the best of it like Crush, Jump Into The Fog, Me & You, Skinny Genes, Bigger Than Us, Hot Mess, Fighting Fire (just to mention the least known ones). These defined me R1 for a long time.

For me, the playlist quality always followed a normal distribution: a few really good songs, lots of okay/indifferent ones, and a few really bad or boring ones.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, koalasunshine said:

For me, 10 years ago this playlist was what I was listening to when I started listening to radio 1! https://web.archive.org/web/20090109065423/http://www.bbc.co.uk:80/radio1/playlist/

This one has a lot of great ones too. Luckily I've heard most of these at the time, seems like i was destined to find R1 sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

It’s still every Friday - normally about 6 songs get added and 6 taken off then. 

Really? Mind you it’s hardly noticble as the playlist normally features top artists and tracks now. Once a song starts fading out i suppose you know- it’s gone!

On 4/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, vorti said:

This one has a lot of great ones too. Luckily I've heard most of these at the time, seems like i was destined to find R1 sooner or later.

Also of note on this playlist is that Scott is in for Moyles but also shown as In for Greg - what was that about?

Suspect Sara was in for Scott that week

1 hour ago, Lee E said:

Also of note on this playlist is that Scott is in for Moyles but also shown as In for Greg - what was that about?

Suspect Sara was in for Scott that week

To me it looks like Scott was in for Chris, Greg was in for Scott and Ronnie (who?) was in for Greg. It must be around now that I've been listening to Radio 1 for ten years - discovered it around May 2009. That's half my life. Mad. 

• 2 weeks later...