Unofficial Mills

What song has Radio 1 ruined for you?

Jono

After hearing more than 24 hours of Scott's lolathon, I can no longer to listen to Sigrid's Don't Feel Like Crying song. I think the feeling was mutual with Scott when he said "oh god" by the time he'd played it a fifth or sixth time! It's the opening bars if they come on Spotify which instantly makes me have to switch off.

Any songs you've had ruined by Radio 1 because of overkill or perhaps because the DJs have mocked it?

1 hour ago, Jono said:

After hearing more than 24 hours of Scott's lolathon, I can no longer to listen to Sigrid's Don't Feel Like Crying song. I think the feeling was mutual with Scott when he said "oh god" by the time he'd played it a fifth or sixth time! It's the opening bars if they come on Spotify which instantly makes me have to switch off.

Any songs you've had ruined by Radio 1 because of overkill or perhaps because the DJs have mocked it?

This is half R1 and half Kiss (because that’s what my friend listens to), but “God’s Plan” by Drake has become unlistenable for me now.

Usually it's the other way round. Whenever I hear the first seconds of Touch by Little Mix, Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo...? Chris Brown...? (ah, who cares), or almost anything by Bieber*, I switch the stream off instantly and usually forget to turn back on.

A song that I used to like, but thanks to overplay I now hate it with a passion: Coldplay - Paradise. Nowadays this doesn't happen much. Overplay mostly kills songs for me that I didn't even like that much to begin with. A current example: Tom Walker - Just You and I. It was boring the first time I heard it and it won't get better.

The Lolathon was a tough one to get through without skipping songs, but I consider myself lucky, cause I was straight up obsessed with some of the most played songs: Harmony Hall, Longshot, Don't Call Me Up, Giant, Someone You Loved, bust most of all, Exists. I got genuinely angry when Exists came on for the bleventeenth time that day and the stream started buffering halfway through the song... It's unhealthy... I know...

*I know it's no longer cool to hate him, but his voice is like nails on the chalkboard for me.