Unofficial Mills

24 Hour LOLathon with Scott and Chris

9 hours ago, OohErr said:

The overnight stuff with the podcasters is less good than with the other DJs imo. The Unexpected Fluids guys were quite funny but the Drag Queens Den bit has felt a bit flat. And now they're just on their own - this bit could really do with some extra guests (DJs ideally).

I was asleep then so missed that but sounds funny

1 hour ago, OohErr said:

So they're staying on until 4! I suspect this was the plan all along.

Could they go part four?  They’ve been quite non specific about for how long they’re extending.  Also totally agree with you about music to talk ratio, it’s sounding great.

33 minutes ago, Mike123 said:

Could they go part four?  They’ve been quite non specific about for how long they’re extending.  Also totally agree with you about music to talk ratio, it’s sounding great.

That would be great! Could you imagine them going for another day?? Maybe try and beat Moyles's  record! And also talking every one or two records is great unlike Maya Jama who'd happily play a full album and say nothing

6 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

That would be great! Could you imagine them going for another day?? Maybe try and beat Moyles's  record! And also talking every one or two records is great unlike Maya Jama who'd happily play a full album and say nothing

In fairness her format is deliberately music based, but it sounds awful because she’s an awful radio presenter.  If Scott did that format it’d sound slick and funny.  Funny how not even on social media has Maya acnowlaged the Lolathon, I’m still conceived she doesn’t know it’s happening haha.

9 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

Imagine if this was actually a deliberate ploy the whole time to go after the Moyles record, and they’ll just keep going. Seriously doubt it but it’d be incredible, and Scott won’t be on Radio 1 forever, but that would be a fitting legacy. 

6 minutes ago, Mike123 said:

Imagine if this was actually a deliberate ploy the whole time to go after the Moyles record, and they’ll just keep going. Seriously doubt it but it’d be incredible, and Scott won’t be on Radio 1 forever, but that would be a fitting legacy. 

True

If scott was to go to heart. This would be a great send off!!

Just now, anothernerd said:

He's too old:( Maybe Chris will get the gig as a sidekick one day!

Chris is 30 now, too late for that now.  I bet the next host will be someone like Cel Spellman or even someone random like Roman Kemp.  Not someone we know well now.

1 minute ago, anothernerd said:

How about My Way? Him and Chris could sing it lol

not a bad shout.  when Scott leaves, the likes of Nick, Clara and Greg (in that order) can't be far behind.  They are all the "older" DJs now, daytimes need a rethink in the next year or so.  Greg feels more and more like a transitional host for a year or so on Breakfast, he's way too bland and serious sounding these days, as a teenager I can tell you everyone my own age would rather listen to Capital than Greg, same can't be said for Dev and Alice or Scott.  

Just now, anothernerd said:

Cel??? On Breakfast. Nope can't see that happening!

Don't rule it out.  He's in his 20s, he's pretty "cool" if you think about it, and he has big appeal with the demographic.  He'd obviously need to improve a lot more.  If not then it's gonna be someone like Roman Kemp, or someone else we don't know about.

1 minute ago, Mike123 said:

not a bad shout.  when Scott leaves, the likes of Nick, Clara and Greg (in that order) can't be far behind.  They are all the "older" DJs now, daytimes need a rethink in the next year or so.  Greg feels more and more like a transitional host for a year or so on Breakfast, he's way too bland and serious sounding these days, as a teenager I can tell you everyone my own age would rather listen to Capital than Greg, same can't be said for Dev and Alice or Scott.  

Could see Matt and Mollie move to daytime. Maybe drivetime. I could see that by the end of this year