Unofficial Mills

Scott Mills to Heart Breakfast?

Lee E

• 2 weeks later...

Scott... on heart? Can’t see that happening.

The djs there do 20-30 second links that’s it mostly unless it’s a flagship show and they have time to interact with the  Audience

But Scott has been on daytime for 14 years at least. He’s very populaur henceforth this fansite devoted to him.

I could more likely seeing him start his own podcast up with Chris. Than him getting a new show on heart tbh

• 3 weeks later...

On Radio Today podcast, which was released last Wednesday, it was said Heart will announce within 7 days new "Emma Bunton" replacement at breakfast, then a hmmmm from both the presenters, plus Scott has just announced on R1 that Innuendo Bingo is back
Just a thought, is he doing this as a last swansong, I mean say he announces this week he takes over Heart Breakfast in 4 months, they could have some massive guests on bingo before he leaves? also it was mentioned on R1 that bingo now has a set as well so sounds like it will be live online again

Yeah I think Lucy Horobin is just a temporary stand in, she's known for her partnership with JK (JK and Joel - whooooooo?), so I'd imagine they'd want to put them back together sooner or later. That said I really don't think it'll be Scott - to me, bringing back Bingo is a sign that he'll still be around for the foreseeable. 

It'll probably be Kelly Brook on Heart Breakfast, although maybe they'll replace Jamie Theakston too. But probably not with Scott.

I am sure they've just put someone else on drive with JK? 

Stranger things have happened, Jamie has been on Heart breakfast for some time, although as you say Bingo could be a sign Scott is about for a while although I am convinced him and Clara are next to be chopped and changed, maybe Adele as well 

• 4 months later...

Seems Jamie Theakston has the gig - schedule has changed so they are 0630-10 to go up directly against Greg and all

with all of this - one wonders, was Theakston the second choice and Mills was offered the gig? or was it lies from the Sun, something we will probably never know 

I suspect Mills was offered the gig, but the Beeb offered a new contract with Radio 2 cover Incorporated,  wonder if Scott will still cover for Greg going forward and it's just M&M did it this time because of eurovision 

thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Lee E said:

Seems Jamie Theakston has the gig - schedule has changed so they are 0630-10 to go up directly against Greg and all

with all of this - one wonders, was Theakston the second choice and Mills was offered the gig? or was it lies from the Sun, something we will probably never know 

I suspect Mills was offered the gig, but the Beeb offered a new contract with Radio 2 cover Incorporated,  wonder if Scott will still cover for Greg going forward and it's just M&M did it this time because of eurovision 

thoughts? 

It's Jamie Theakston & Amanda Holden duo isn't it? 

Yeah interesting 6:30 til 10. 

I still think Radio 1 Breakfast needs to be 6-10 tho. Compete with Capital better.

10 hours ago, BBCR1_James said:

I still think Radio 1 Breakfast needs to be 6-10 tho. Compete with Capital better.

Also here’s something small.https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/05/heart-drivetime-show-presenters-announced-by-global/ 

Lucy who’s been hosting breakfast with Jamie for months now seems to be going quietly.

Also it’s sad with the axe on local shows- those djs worked hard. Somebody big at global decides to axe what few local shows there are on these networks 

15 hours ago, BBCR1_James said:

TBF it would put it in line with the weekend as well, although Adele would be short changed there because she would have two hours less a week, either that or Matt and Mollie start at 630 on Fridays

I will be interested to see how Fridays breakfast show is imaged - being branded as an extra episode of Greg's show with M&M as guests

5 hours ago, Lee E said:

TBF it would put it in line with the weekend as well, although Adele would be short changed there because she would have two hours less a week, either that or Matt and Mollie start at 630 on Fridays

I will be interested to see how Fridays breakfast show is imaged - being branded as an extra episode of Greg's show with M&M as guests

They'll have special imaging for it i'm sure.