Unofficial Mills

When will Scott's time be up?

Fourcandles

So I was wondering if anyone has any predictions about scotts future at radio 1. I think everyone knows he's closer to the end there than the beginning, but people thought he might leave around 2015 a few years back, but he still seems to be going strong. His show still sounds fresh and he was recently offered the chart slot. Do we think he has another few years in him? Or after things have settled with Greg and Grimmy will there be a final, big schedule change before the schedules are more set again? I was just interested in what people thought. Personally I think his afternoon show might go to Dev and Alice in the next year and he would become chart and do weekday cover.

Disclaimer: I really don't want Scott to go, I'll miss him!

I think that if there are suitable replacements in 2020, thats when Scott might leave the afternoon show. I never believed for one second he would leave in 2015, because his show was and still is the best on the daytime schedule. Its clear they are trying a lot of duos out but they’re not really sticking. This could be the early steps of finding Scott’s replacement, or not at all! I can see Scott keeping the Chart for maybe a a year or two more after he leaves afternoons while he transitions to Radio 2. Just a prediction though - I’d like Scott to stay on Radio 1 for many more....

6 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Oh and another one for the prediction - what happens to Chris in this situation? Is he given his own show? Or cohosts with someone else?

A couple of years back, people reckoned that if Scott left, Chris would be inherited by someone like Matt Edmondson or Alice Levine - but now they're both answered for. Plus Chris himself is now a bit more mature so Scott's probably conscious that Chris has a mortgage to pay in deciding what he does next and when he does it!

13 hours ago, OohErr said:

so Scott's probably conscious that Chris has a mortgage to pay in deciding what he does next and when he does it!

I agree 100%. Scott's very sensible and he genuinely cares about Chris. He acts like his big brother and I too, think that his decision will take Chris into account. 

There was a similar topic a couple of months ago - about Chris's future in R1 after Scott leaves. For me - I believe he will move on with Scott. Two reasons for that:
1. he's never been allowed to do a show by himself, so he'd have to be 'an addition' to somebody's show and I can't imagine him working permanently with any other DJ - not that it wouldn't be good, but there's no chemistry like between those two;
2. I think that if Chris would be given a choice - R1 or Scott, he'd go with Scott, maybe doing some iPlayer stuff or features for other DJs, purely because it just wouldn't be the same for him. 

I tend to agree about Scott keeping the chart, and transitioning like Sara Cox, by covering shows on both R1 and 2 before a permanent slot is available 

I feel that the major change will be initiated by someone like Chris Evans or Ken Bruce or Steve Wright leaving R2 to retire, or go somewhere else, which will open a daytime door for Sara Cox for sure, and then Scott could start with her nighttime show,  or as many have said before he'd be an ideal fit to directly replace Ken Bruce or Wrighty, Scott and Chris doing Steve Wrights show would be the one I reckon as they can take stuff like banter innuendo bingo and real or no real would be great features for that show 

I think his current afternoon show has some more mileage, does anyone realise now Greg has moved, Scott is the longest in his current daytime slot, and almost now as long as he was on drive 

He also has a major string to his bow, he's the breakfast cover, and looks like he still will be, doing breakfast is second nature to him so he has work there for a long time 

I'd hate to see - and don't think it will, him do a Moyles, go off air for three years then come back on some small time commercial rival