Unofficial Mills

Greg is the new Breakfast Show host as Nick Grimshaw quits

Jordan12

So Greg's last drivetime song was Mystery Jets - Bubblegum, which helped him with his 1st Gregathlon and is one of his favs. I think Grimmy didn't choose his last breakfast show song by himself, Drake - Nice for what, which they play everyday. Just a small detail here, but it's kind of showing the attitude they both have. Grimmy's treating his show just like job and Greg being ever so engaged with it. 

Grimmy's never been my favourite DJ, but he seems like a decent, nice chap and I hope that he'll find his new show exciting and will want to do something brilliant with it. I'll remember his breakfast show as just an okay one. 

[EDIT]: didn't notice that OhhErr also wrote about Grimmy's last song. Yes: Hm. sums it up neatly. 

Schedule still says Grimmy on Monday 20th. Also no induction thus far as to whether he starts at 6 or 6:30. And both Adele and Scott are off that week. Whilst I'm very pleased I'm not on holiday when it launches (cheers Greg) it's a bit of a weird date to do it. I guess they want to give it a couple of weeks to bed in before people go back to school.

The 20th?!?! I am on holiday -_- can’t be just me who thinks its a ridiculous time to start. September just makes sense - more listeners as most are back from holiday, ties-in with Grimmy’s first show, PLUS allows them to build up hype for the show over those extra two weeks. This all feels rushed and unexpected and I think I’d still be confused even if I wasn’t on holiday :D

2 hours ago, OohErr said:

Schedule still says Grimmy on Monday 20th. Also no induction thus far as to whether he starts at 6 or 6:30. And both Adele and Scott are off that week. Whilst I'm very pleased I'm not on holiday when it launches (cheers Greg) it's a bit of a weird date to do it. I guess they want to give it a couple of weeks to bed in before people go back to school.

6:30 apparently https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTAMyQAAZ5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

6 hours ago, OohErr said:

Remember some of the country has earlier holidays - he starting the week AFTER scotttish schools go back

8 hours ago, Jordan12 said:

I'm probably late this debate/party, but why on earth have R1 got Greg starting a week on Monday and Nick not starting until 3rd September? Surely it would have made sense to end both shows at the same time and start them at the same time?

True, but they'll probably want all the attention to be on Greg's new show. If he started on 3rd September he'd have to share the limelight with Nick Grimshaw and Jack Saunders