Unofficial Mills

Grimmy beats blackburn

Lee E

So today, Nick Grimshaw became the second longest Radio 1 breakfast show host. 
Adele Roberts and Nick had a chat at 0625, she said "your the longest, apart from one other person, just beating Tony Blackburn".
Strange how Chris Moyles' name is not mentioned, just someone else. 

I think I've mentioned this before, but his show just doesn't deserve to have lasted this long. It doesn't deserve to be up there with the greats. It just doesn't. It doesn't hold a candle to The Chris Moyles Show. It was quite good at first as well, the first two or three years managed to be different to Moyles but still relatively entertaining. But by 2015 it had run it's course. I would've preferred it if Greg had got breakfast in 2012 anyway. 

Did Grimmy mark it on his show otherwise? I remember Moyles did a week long tour when he beat Blackburn's record, although back then he was becoming longest serving, not second longest.

47 minutes ago, OohErr said:

I think I've mentioned this before, but his show just doesn't deserve to have lasted this long. It doesn't deserve to be up there with the greats. It just doesn't. It doesn't hold a candle to The Chris Moyles Show. It was quite good at first as well, the first two or three years managed to be different to Moyles but still relatively entertaining. But by 2015 it had run it's course. I would've preferred it if Greg had got breakfast in 2012 anyway. 

Did Grimmy mark it on his show otherwise? I remember Moyles did a week long tour when he beat Blackburn's record, although back then he was becoming longest serving, not second longest.

There was nothing on Grimmys socials about it never heard his show got to work at 0628 lol

18 hours ago, OohErr said:

by 2015 it had run its course. I would've preferred it if Greg had got breakfast in 2012 anyway. 

Completely agree. An element of complacency crept in & the initial production team slowly melted away, leaving little dynamic content on a daily basis (like FashIan & Showbot). What has Breakfast actually DONE since 2015?