Unofficial Mills

The Scott Mills Show Discussion Thread

OohErr

Another great Big Top 40 dig on last Thursday's show - Good News Jamie was talking about how Chris isn't credited for the show and Scott says "there's a certain presenter who does a chart show, she doesn't even get mentioned does she?"

What do we think of Good News Jamie - great comedy value or annoying and totally milking it? At the moment I think I'm the former although if they do it too many times it could quickly become the latter.

• 1 month later...

After talking about greg all day, I completely forgot and didn’t manage to listen to Jordan and Chris until I saw a clip online just now. Did anyone get to listen to them together and how did they work together? They seemed to be getting along well from the small snippets that I saw! 

I had a listen for a while, it was actually really good! They had a really good rapport considering they've never really broadcast together before. I might even go as far as saying they're better together than Matt and Chris were... I think personality wise they're a much better match. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught the bit of Scott and Chris's chat about which animal does Scott look like. Before Scott said what he thinks he looks like, I shouted: MEERKAT. 

Two conclusions:
1. He really does resemble a meerkat, who the hell texted that he looks like a wombat?
2. I'm really way too invested in that show and should get on with my life.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:46 PM, Dan18F1 said:

I think Scott’s producer Mark Lockett may have left the show judging by his Twitter. I have noticed a slight difference in the show in the last couple of weeks but I don’t know who the new producer is! 

Mark has definitely left - he's returned to Absolute Radio where he's the exec producer of the Dave Berry Breakfast Show. Will Wilkin (@WillWilkin) is Scott's new producer, with Grace as AP I believe.

I do wonder whether she might have gone to Matt and Mollies show since they need a new producer now Will has gone. 

This is very clutching at straws, but some of the stuff they’ve done on the show in the last couple of weeks sounds lots like the Chris Sawyer era of Matts Show - and since Grace was with him for the last couple of years, she may have got some inspiration!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If the rumor mill is believed to be true could be the heart breakfast announcement we heard before Christmas, but would the BBC big that up? they didn't with Evans or Moyles for example they just came out with it on air 

I reckon this is Bingo, or Big weekend coming back 

Maybe Bingo is back and Zoe is the first guest 

Oh god. Really hope it isn't. 

Surely they wouldn't make big plans for Bingo to come back only to shelve them because Scott's leaving instead? Unless the whole "big plans for Innuendo Bingo" thing was a bluff and they were just buying time. Really think it would be a big mistake for Mills to jump ship and go back to Heart - he's got a job for life at the BBC. Besides, he's only just got the chart - he's dreamed of that since he was a kid, I don't think he'd give that up so soon.

I reckon the announcement will be about Comic Relief - perhaps they have big plans for that, like another LOLathon or something bigger. Or a huge guest coming on soon. I hope. 

I've done a bit of research, and exactly six years ago today the show was also called "Scott's big announcement", when it was announced Beccy was leaving. There was also "a BIG show announcement" in May last year (can't remember what it was though). 

Could the big show announcement in May have been that Maya was joining on Fridays! What a disaster that was!!

If it’s not big weekend or innuendo bingo, then I’m thinking it must be something for comic relief! Or something completely unexpected like Chris leaving - but I don’t thin k it will be that!