Unofficial Mills

The Scott Mills Show Discussion Thread

OohErr

Yes, very weird. And they're playing bits of it now as well.  Maybe they wanted to get 5SOS fans to listen to the breakfast show (there's quite a lot of them) but the feature was so good that Scott and Chris also wanted to have it. Or maybe there's no logic behind this.

The prank was good though. Although you could tell Scott was cringing all the way through it. 

I think there are hidden messages here - I seriously do, Grimmy seems to be just "ticking over" on breakfast now, and in about 9 weeks he becomes second longest overtaking Blackburn - quite an achievement considering what he replaced 

I seriously think they will shake the weekday schedule up - probably waiting for big weekend to come and go then bang, Grimmy gets to 2nd longest and the weekday schedule changes 

Scott has really upped his game recently and seems to be on loads of social media from R1 and fronting alot of stuff - the new chart host maybe also he is the new breakfast host ?? 

I theorise that Scott will get breakfast Monday to Thursday by this time next year 

I think I'm enjoying the "what day is Stefflon Don day" a bit too much :lol: Every time Scott says it with NZ accent I'm in tears.

Also, loved how they were trolling Jordan today (again). This time it was the way he pronounces the word 'jacuzzi'. Very 'Scott and Chris ' style - heartwarming and lovely. I don't think many people could pull it off. 

I think I'm enjoying the "what day is Stefflon Don day" a bit too much default_laugh.png Every time Scott says it with NZ accent I'm in tears.

Also, loved how they were trolling Jordan today (again). This time it was the way he pronounces the word 'jacuzzi'. Very 'Scott and Chris ' style - heartwarming and lovely. I don't think many people could pull it off. 

I missed where this first came from - so confused!

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

2 hours ago, Aleks_ said:

It all started with this little piece of magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbQFMOEFTs
And now they're doing it with Stefflon Don's name because, well it just sounds great. 

It originally started about a year and a bit ago (maybe longer than that) after Greg spotted and started talking about it. It died down, but still mentioned sometimes and now Scott has picked up. I don't think it'll ever get old!

How strange. The name of Wednesday's podcast has changed since I downloaded it on Wednesday night. When I downloaded it, it was called 'More First Date Messages', but now (Friday morning), it has been renamed 'What Do Popstars Do When They're Not Making Music?'

• 2 weeks later...

So today, I downloaded the podcast to hear Chris' announcement in full and completely agree with comments made on this forum (I'm looking at you, OohErr ;)) about Maya Jama's irrelevance on the show. I should add that this was the first time I downloaded the Friday podcast since she started on the show.

She added a lot unnecessary comments, especially during Steve Holden's entertainment news. He meant to say Jurassic World, but said Jurassic Park and Maya chips in with 'different'. WHAT WAS THE POINT? SHUT UP!

I, for one, will be glad when the schedules change and the show will be Maya-less. On a side note, because Scott will be doing the chart, will the Chart Update move to Mondays 3:30pm-4pm and that will mean 30 minutes less of Greatest Hits? I hope so!

15 hours ago, Jordan12 said:

So today, I downloaded the podcast to hear Chris' announcement in full and completely agree with comments made on this forum (I'm looking at you, OohErr ;)) about Maya Jama's irrelevance on the show. I should add that this was the first time I downloaded the Friday podcast since she started on the show.

She added a lot unnecessary comments, especially during Steve Holden's entertainment news. He meant to say Jurassic World, but said Jurassic Park and Maya chips in with 'different'. WHAT WAS THE POINT? SHUT UP!

I, for one, will be glad when the schedules change and the show will be Maya-less. On a side note, because Scott will be doing the chart, will the Chart Update move to Mondays 3:30pm-4pm and that will mean 30 minutes less of Greatest Hits? I hope so!

Same story today with Jordan co-hosting The Greatest Hits. Jordan's explaining to Maya all about his wedding DJ friend, Maya every 3 s: aha, yeah, okay. Gosh, just be quiet for a bit. I think that's the main problem with her as a DJ, those little details are very important to make a good show.

2 hours ago, Aleks_ said:

Same story today with Jordan co-hosting The Greatest Hits. Jordan's explaining to Maya all about his wedding DJ friend, Maya every 3 s: aha, yeah, okay. Gosh, just be quiet for a bit. I think that's the main problem with her as a DJ, those little details are very important to make a good show.

I think the main problem is she tries to be funny when she’s not, and it ends up making her look like a cringeworthy mess. She’s no Alice Levine that’s for sure.

28 minutes ago, Marcus17 said:

I think the main problem is she tries to be funny when she’s not, and it ends up making her look like a cringeworthy mess. She’s no Alice Levine that’s for sure.

Indeed she is not! It took me a while to warm to Alice, but I genuinely think she is a great broadcaster. I don't think I'll warm to Maya in the same way, if at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just more or less confirmed that there's no alternative commentary this year :(

They're sounding really good today though, was there some kind of announcement about Stark's Stag? They were definitely talking about it, and mentioned Scott's crab outfit, but I was half-asleep at the time so kinda missed it.

1 hour ago, OohErr said:

They're sounding really good today though, was there some kind of announcement about Stark's Stag? They were definitely talking about it, and mentioned Scott's crab outfit, but I was half-asleep at the time so kinda missed it.

Yep, Chris' fiancee's hen do was this past weekend, and Chris' stag is this coming weekend. Scott is bringing the crab outfit but he's not saying why

1 hour ago, rickbutterfield said:

Yep, Chris' fiancee's hen do was this past weekend, and Chris' stag is this coming weekend. Scott is bringing the crab outfit but he's not saying why

So does that mean the big week-long stag tour across the country with listeners isn't happening after all? 

Scott and Chris are both liking a lot of tweets from people hoping they're doing alternative commentary again. So either they're not happy that they haven't been allowed to, or they ARE doing some more but it hasn't been announced yet. Fingers crossed for the latter.

If you didn't hear Scott messing up the Bamboleo gap last Wednesday, listen back - it was hilarious. He was talking to a caller about being fired as a bridesmaid and at the end he randomly played a clip of the Fuse ODG Live Lounge by mistake, because he said it was in the Bamboleo gap.

Then when he did the gap... He forgot to play it until Chris reminded him. I haven't done it justice here, it was hilarious.