Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

1 hour ago, Ash101 said:

Yeah, if anything the regular cover of Breakfast and afternoons/drive if both are away would probably be a bit of a sweetener for Matt & Mollie remaining on weekends. 

I also think the cover presenter for breakfast which I see radio 1 has done in the past should be someone who doesn’t want or has plans to be the next breakfast host unless it’s a sudden unexpected move. 

3 hours ago, Ash101 said:

Yeah, if anything the regular cover of Breakfast and afternoons/drive if both are away would probably be a bit of a sweetener for Matt & Mollie remaining on weekends. 

With afternoons moving to Salford, I doubt Matt & Mollie will ever cover that slot again, and in the rare case of Vick & Jordan being off (as we saw last week) Katie Thistleton and/or Arielle would probably be more likely.

It will be interesting to see if they insist on cover when one of Dean or Vicky are off (as per drivetime), or let them present solo.

12 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Matt & Mollie are in for Greg from Monday 8th to Friday 19th August - Matt is doing it solo on 10th, 11th & 12th.

Katie is in for Vick & Jordan on Thursday 11th August.

Charlie Tee is in for Sarah on Friday 12th August.

@Lily Georgia the schedule says Katie is in for Vick not Jordan so it is Jordan and Katie on 11th August.

Tuesday 26th July- Rickie solo

Wednesday 27th July & Thursday 28th July-  Rickie & Charlie

Monday 1st-Wednesday 3rd August & Monday 8th-Thursday 11th August- Rickie & Melvin

Thursday 4th August- Melvin solo

Friday 12th August

Vicky co-hosts with Dean live from Boardmasters

Also notice that Ben Coley is doing Best New Pop next week, as Emil has done For the past two weeks.

I think (and hope tbh) that Best New Pop will go when Mollie starts her new show. It makes zero sense at that time and would either be better if it aired before EB at 4.30am or if it was just a sounds original. I reckon it also needs a bit of a rebranding into a general New Music Friday show, because often there are massive releases that they miss because they aren’t particularly ‘poppy.’ 

1 hour ago, R1Fan1 said:

Also notice that Ben Coley is doing Best New Pop next week, as Emil has done For the past two weeks.

I think (and hope tbh) that Best New Pop will go when Mollie starts her new show. It makes zero sense at that time and would either be better if it aired before EB at 4.30am or if it was just a sounds original. I reckon it also needs a bit of a rebranding into a general New Music Friday show, because often there are massive releases that they miss because they aren’t particularly ‘poppy.’ 

I agree. They used to play many of the new releases on a Friday (whether they went on the playlist them or not). That seemed to quietly slip away. 

James Cusack is in for Charlie on Saturday 20th August.

Ifan Davies is in for Sian on Sunday 21st August.

Jordan is solo on Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd August.

Jack is in for Clara on Monday 22nd August, with Kerrie Cosh in for Jack.

Arielle is in for Rickie, Melvin & Charlie on Tuesday 23rd August, with Ben Coley in for Arielle.

Jack is doing another Radio 1 Relax show on Wednesday 24th August.

Nels is in for Jack on Thursday 25th August.

Mollie is solo on Friday 26th August.

31 minutes ago, Lily Georgia said:

Arielle is in for Rickie, Melvin & Charlie on Tuesday 23rd August, with Ben Coley in for Arielle.

Wow a lot of firsts in there. First time Jordan is solo and first proper cover for RMC. Oh and first time for Ifan Davies on Radio 1.

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

You can really tell it’s peak summer holiday season! It will be nice to hear Jordan solo again - I don’t think that’s happened since NYE! Who is Ifan Davies? I recognise the name but not sure where? Was he one of last year’s Christmas presenters? 

2 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

You can really tell it’s peak summer holiday season! It will be nice to hear Jordan solo again - I don’t think that’s happened since NYE! Who is Ifan Davies? I recognise the name but not sure where? Was he one of last year’s Christmas presenters? 

Power Down Playlist cover over the Christmas 2021 period.