Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

7 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

Agreed think I’d rather Katie to have it presented solo but like Katie but find sometimes Jordan can present solo when Vick Hope is absent. Think with 10 Hour take overs are a bit repetitive sometimes it does need resting. Think when stations like Absolute, Radio X do big anthems days on bank holiday monday for Easter radio 1 relax specials works in distinction with the mood of indirect rivals. It definately works well sometimes. Maybe at most once a year

They do it annually, which is enough. I wasn't suggesting replacing the Radio 1 Relax day on the bank holiday Monday, but they did it on the Saturday last year. I'm just talking from a personal point of view, but I do look forward to it, and it generates a lot of listener interaction.

2 hours ago, NathanS said:

Urgh. I really couldn't listen to them the last time they were on. It was actually painful to listen to imo. Presumably one massive plug for their podcast. I really don't understand why they can't use the opportunity for previous Christmas/Friday EB to cover instead. Feels like a wasted opportunity. Would make sense than Jamie & Spencer, and Scarlett Moffatt randomly being paired up with Katie Thistleton (who is great on her own anyway). 

No sign of a 10 hour takeover over the Easter Bank Holiday, unless they're holding it back for one of the bank holiday weekends later in the year. It would be a shame if they've ditched it for good (hopefully not). 

I think maybe the last week of July or sometime inAugust it would work having the 1o hour takeover then as a more of when people break off from, the summer. But given that Radio 1’s audience is youth audience it definately would work well on weekend as soundtrack to people studying revision or to those who are working over whatever as i feel Radio 1’s Relax also is soundtracking study sessions

On 3/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, Lily Georgia said:

It's changed again!  James Cusack is in for Matt & Mollie on Sunday 10th April, Katie is back with Vick 4-7.

Sometimes it feels bit pointless listing cover for a programme on public schedule listings when the details lacks confirmation. Think that’s issue maybe with doing listings to ahead of time

Katie Thistleton sits in for Matt & Mollie on the 23rd April. James Cusack sits in on the 24th April.

25th-28th April

Dean & Kate sit in for Scott & Chris

Vick Hope solo

Jack Saunders sits in for Clara (Mon only)

Sian Eleri sits in for Jack (Mon only)

Katie Thistleton sits in for Scott Mills on the 29th of April.

Matt & Mollie are presenting a new dating show for Discovery+, so I wonder if they’re off filming that?

Surely it makes more sense for Katie to cover with Vick - seeing as she does most of the time. And having Dean solo or someone else cover for Scott and Chris?

13 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

EB on Easter Monday will be hosted by the University of Nottingham.

Apart from stuff like live events and listener interaction events. The whole in a different studio thing is pretty much irrelevant to most listeners. It would be odd without reason.

2 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

There will be a ten hour takeover on Good Friday 06.00-16.00.

Matt & Mollie are in for Greg on Friday 29th April.

That’s interesting, I wonder who will be in for them then because Katie is already in doing the chart that day? I’d guess probably Arielle or Vick? 

On 4/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, Lily Georgia said:

Clara is now off on Easter Monday.  Jack is on 18.00-21.00 with 21.00-22.00 TBC.

21:00-22:00 on Easter Monday now listed as:

15 years since Favourite Worst Nightmare

Arctic Monkeys on Radio 1

Celebrating Arctic Monkeys' second album - Favourite Worst Nightmare, released in 2007.

57 minutes ago, NathanS said:

21:00-22:00 on Easter Monday now listed as:

15 years since Favourite Worst Nightmare

Arctic Monkeys on Radio 1

Celebrating Arctic Monkeys' second album - Favourite Worst Nightmare, released in 2007.

Wonder if theres room for more specials in the programming schedule it could be linked with the new artist icon series on BBC SoundS ‘Artist Icon’ series. 

I love Katie and Jordan together. But it’s a shame we’ve not had any solo Jordan since he started on Drive! We’ve had 2 weeks of Vick (when J had Covid and the week after next!).

Obviously it seems R1 are in a bit of a pickle week after next as Matt & Mollie are away filming still, Scott and Jordan off too. I still don’t understand why they haven’t put Katie on Drive like she always covers and someone else in for Scott?

I’d quite like to have heard Sam & Danni do it for a week. Also on the subject on them, shame they can’t cover Matt & Mollie!