Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

I wonder if they’ll pre record the show? I think there was one other time (might have been the young ARIAS) that they should have both been off and it was pre-recorded instead? 
I very much doubt we’ll ever get a time that both Vick and Jordan are both off. 

Pre recording a drive show? Surely it would be better to have Scott do 1-545 or extend RMC to 2 and Scott 2-6 if nothing else could be sourced

Even Scott 1 - 430 and Clara 430 - 8 could be an option to keep a live presetner on, if cost is the issue, surely that is within contract and no "overtime" would need be paid

You can't tell me someone like Arielle, Matt, Mollie (or both) Dean Mc, Katy Thiselton, or even one of the Xmas presenters could cover? or Jack? he covered Grimmy a bit towards the end didn't he, Danny Howard? he covered drive when Greg did it a few times

If I was PC my first choice in this scenario would be for a weekender to cover to avoid shuffling the pack on weekdays, M&M to double head it so it's samey, Arielle, Katie, Matt solo etc etc.... I know it's a bit different to local/commercial stations where they have to be live to do traffic news and all so it "could" be recorded - although I know of several local stations that VT breakfast and drive and a remote presenter does the traffic "almost live" recording the report in a few mins ahead

They have moved Arielle before to other slots and got someone in to cover so why not that option rather than recording a prime time show.. Imagine if they said Greg was recorded?

Failing all that do one day of the 1030 - 2 and 2 - 6 schedule with Scott and Chris on drive

I really hope a drive show is not pre recorded. There’s no excuse for it. I think cover should ideally be (not at the moment though) drive (Scott and Chris covers breakfast), early breakfast covers drive or weekend 10-1, 1-4, weekend covers 10-1 and 1-4. 

new presenters cover earlies/weekend breakfast 

13 minutes ago, abertom said:

I really hope a drive show is not pre recorded. There’s no excuse for it. I think cover should ideally be (not at the moment though) drive (Scott and Chris covers breakfast), early breakfast covers drive or weekend 10-1, 1-4, weekend covers 10-1 and 1-4. 

new presenters cover earlies/weekend breakfast 

Surely 'in theory'... the logical cover for drive if Vick and Jordan are ever off at the same time is Katie Thistleton, who is the main dep on drive for both of them anyway. If they insist on a duo, stick Dean on with her. He's not done any cover since that week in for Scott alongside Katie.

6 minutes ago, Ash101 said:

Agree, for 1 day… Katie on her own is fine! 

i think we’re long enough into Vick & Jordan for them to take a day off together, because of another commitment. 

Think now and then for them to take a day off at the same time does help some times as sometimes having solo daytime does help give respite in schedule dominated for duos.  I think Katie is at a point where she’d present solo cover of daytime shows well

On 3/16/2022 at 6:07 PM, UnofficialStark said:

Anyone know if Vick and Jordan are being covered on the 23rd March because they are hosting the Young Audio Awards. I presumed they would be but nothing is showing.

It’s taking place in the BBC Radio Theatre I believe, so in theory they can alternate with one in the theatre and one in the studio, whether they’d actually do that is a different matter. 

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Scarlett Moffatt & Katie Thistleton are in for Matt & Mollie on Sunday 10th April.

Just when I thought that all the cover seemed to be quite normal at the moment they go and do something odd. Not really sure why Katie can’t cover on her own?

I mean I know Scarlett started at local capital fm at one point but get your point @Dan18F1 I know she’s been doing bits and bobs along the way for short bit at the station as she was Radio 1’s foot on the ground at Windsor castle for Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding. I like Scarlett but feels its a gimmick but is it Easter Weekend as I think if its for certain idea over Easter weekend it maybe good. How ever id gone for Radio 1 Anthems/ Dance/ Future Sounds and Relax days.

Anthems day - for change more of Nixtape and Takeover day blend throwbacks and requests 

Dance - maybe Arrielle Free, Charlie Hedges 

Future Sounds - promoting the evening Future Sounds programming Soul/Artists …

1 hour ago, Lily Georgia said:

Katie (on her own) is also in for Matt & Mollie on Friday 8th, Saturday 9th and Friday 15th April.

I assume it'll change closer to the time but they have both the lunchtime and teatime Newsbeat listed for Good Friday, which being a bank holiday.. won't be the case.

Yep think overall it could’ve been something that is on the pre-programmed schedule. Think sometimes they end up amending things closer to the date. After all BBC is the only one that shares broadcast schedules of radio with public beyond seven days ahead and seven days before. Like with commercial radio stations. There can be some stuff appears on schedules closer to the date.

I do wonder if BBC Newsbeat social media profiles will get new profile images as all radio stations have had that and it is more akin to the Radio 1 family. Though do feel the programme imaging seen across its thumbnail on Sounds since broadcasted across Radio 1, 1Xtra and Asian Network should really look for something distinct from either stations brand styles and think should be designed to look more alligned with BBC News’s main image and merging the social media and digital channels with Newsround and BBC Three’s the catch up.

Think new sound packaging is needed for Newsbeat

27 minutes ago, NathanS said:

I assume it'll change closer to the time but they have both the lunchtime and teatime Newsbeat listed for Good Friday, which being a bank holiday.. won't be the case.

Katie Thistleton is in for Matt & Mollie on Saturday 16th & Friday 22nd April.

Kenny Allstar is in for Tiffany Calver on Saturday 16th April.

Jamie & Spencer are in for Matt & Mollie on Sunday 17th April.

Then Monday 18th April (Easter Monday) is Stuart Sandeman 07.00-10.00, Jess Iszatt 10.00-14.00 and Sian Eleri 14.00-18.00.

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Katie Thistleton is in for Matt & Mollie on Saturday 16th & Friday 22nd April.

Kenny Allstar is in for Tiffany Calver on Saturday 16th April.

Jamie & Spencer are in for Matt & Mollie on Sunday 17th April.

Then Monday 18th April (Easter Monday) is Stuart Sandeman 07.00-10.00, Jess Iszatt 10.00-14.00 and Sian Eleri 14.00-18.00.

Must’ve gone for another Radio 1 Relax bank holiday it’s a nice vibe one bank holiday would like them doing future sounds day with some of the overnight presenters presenting. Hearing voices daytime listeners might not hear gaining internet new listeners for those shows. I think I may tune in for that day.

I really wish that Jamie & Spencer weren’t used as cover again

1 hour ago, BBCAaron said:

Must’ve gone for another Radio 1 Relax bank holiday it’s a nice vibe one bank holiday would like them doing future sounds day with some of the overnight presenters presenting. Hearing voices daytime listeners might not hear gaining internet new listeners for those shows. I think I may tune in for that day.

I really wish that Jamie & Spencer weren’t used as cover again

Urgh. I really couldn't listen to them the last time they were on. It was actually painful to listen to imo. Presumably one massive plug for their podcast. I really don't understand why they can't use the opportunity for previous Christmas/Friday EB to cover instead. Feels like a wasted opportunity. Would make sense than Jamie & Spencer, and Scarlett Moffatt randomly being paired up with Katie Thistleton (who is great on her own anyway). 

No sign of a 10 hour takeover over the Easter Bank Holiday, unless they're holding it back for one of the bank holiday weekends later in the year. It would be a shame if they've ditched it for good (hopefully not). 

1 hour ago, NathanS said:

Urgh. I really couldn't listen to them the last time they were on. It was actually painful to listen to imo. Presumably one massive plug for their podcast. I really don't understand why they can't use the opportunity for previous Christmas/Friday EB to cover instead. Feels like a wasted opportunity. Would make sense than Jamie & Spencer, and Scarlett Moffatt randomly being paired up with Katie Thistleton (who is great on her own anyway). 

No sign of a 10 hour takeover over the Easter Bank Holiday, unless they're holding it back for one of the bank holiday weekends later in the year. It would be a shame if they've ditched it for good (hopefully not). 

Agreed think I’d rather Katie to have it presented solo but like Katie but find sometimes Jordan can present solo when Vick Hope is absent. Think with 10 Hour take overs are a bit repetitive sometimes it does need resting. Think when stations like Absolute, Radio X do big anthems days on bank holiday monday for Easter radio 1 relax specials works in distinction with the mood of indirect rivals. It definately works well sometimes. Maybe at most once a year