Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

The pre Newsbeat 'coming up' promo just mentioned that Vick & Katie are in for Matt & Mollie this afternoon. Matt & Mollie are still listed on the schedule so must be a last minute change. Although, Vick is currently off her normal show so whether that promo was slotted in error or not... We'll find out in a bit..

Edit: Matt & Mollie are on as usual so the incorrect promo was slotted in by mistake.

23 minutes ago, Lily Georgia said:

Deb Grant is in for Arielle next Tuesday, 15th February.

That's quite an interesting one. She's usually on Jazz FM, and has done/does work for another Bauer brand, Scala (classical station).. although she's been doing a lot of cover work for 6 music. I don't recall her popping up on Radio 1 before, although I'm happy to stand corrected. That's quite a versatile collection of stations to work across. 

It's not often they parachute in DJ's who've not been on before to cover 'daytime' shows. In the case of early breakfast, we've seen previous Christmas presenters cover (more than often Sam & Danni, or that week's Friday presenter).

@Dan18F1and @LemmeRantmust’ve been technical hiccup error as she tends to be on Scala and Jazz and Scala started early breakfast cover in the period between Shawn Keavney leaving and Craig Charles starting on early breakfast cover as Chris taken the reigns of his afternoon slot in the interim. When she went under her DJ pseudonym Anne Frankenstein that she tend to used when clubbing and mixing now actual name for radio.

Chris Hawkins is also starting to pop up presenting the after midnight Radio 2 slot when OJ Borg is off. Though would feel Adele Roberts in future slot on Radio 2 would be a fitting contender to cover or present 

58 minutes ago, R1Fan1 said:

I’m pretty sure Adele covered on Radio 2 last year. Even if she wouldn’t move to Radio 2, if Radio 1 ever introduced an overnight live show I’d definitely give it to her.

She covered Trevor Nelson one night last year (I think it was during the summer when she was covering the extended mid morning slot on Radio 1 as well so she was on 1 and 2 in the same day) too. 

9 hours ago, NathanS said:

She covered Trevor Nelson one night last year (I think it was during the summer when she was covering the extended mid morning slot on Radio 1 as well so she was on 1 and 2 in the same day) too. 

Yes she did at quite short notice as well - I reckon using people like her and Scott to double shift is a cost saving thing

13 hours ago, abertom said:

Not sure how it saves costs? Presenters get paid an amount for doing so many shows per year. Anymore than that they get paid extra 

Definitely. I can imagine any Radio 2 cover work comes at a cost per show agreement, instead of any blanket yearly amount. There’s no way it’d save money. You’d surely command a higher price to work double in a day then a lower one?