Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

8 hours ago, georgeh said:

It seems that this week(wc 7 June)

That Arielle and Grimmy are co hosting with each other all week. With Danni and Sam in for Arielle for the week. 

Arielle is down to do both early breakfast and drive for the rest of the week. She was also down for a day off today and I’m sure Grimmy said he was isolating until yesterday, so it may be a mistake, but we’ll see.

12 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

Feel Jamz Supernova made for an excellent replacement and brings something new turnover to and where risk work and moving with it’s audience .

Each to their own. She's not for me - not at that time-slot, at any rate. I now give Matt & Mollie an hour at 1pm, then Paul Gambaccini an hour at 2pm, on R2 ...

8 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Each to their own. She's not for me - not at that time-slot, at any rate. I now give Matt & Mollie an hour at 1pm, then Paul Gambaccini an hour at 2pm, on R2 ...

That’s fair assume different in playlists and music tastes of what played on shows differences in preferences least like with Jamz show provides bit more of verity and something different to other rivals. Guess is it more of the playlist or presenter. Guess you’re more of a Radio 2 listener these days 

14 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

Guess you’re more of a Radio 2 listener these days 

Not particularly. I've always listened to a mixture, since I was a kid. Never really understood why there isn't more 'channel hopping', like there is with TV.  The 50th birthday of R1 did re-kindle my innate love for that station though ...

1 hour ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Not particularly. I've always listened to a mixture, since I was a kid. Never really understood why there isn't more 'channel hopping', like there is with TV.  The 50th birthday of R1 did re-kindle my innate love for that station though ...

I also think age brackets are very assumptive in a time when the generation boundaries are blurring.  I am outside Radio 1's stated target audience but I find Radio 1's music and humour much more for me than what is offered elsewhere.  If you are an older listener there really is nowhere playing new music unless you are into the 6 Music style of new music and not the broader view of new music found on Radio 1.  As I said elsewhere, Radio 1 actually has a great line-up of warm presenters at the moment.  As much as I am not a huge fan of Grimmy these days, I think him replacing Moyles at Breakfast really improved the tone of the station for the better. I know Moyles was very popular with many, but his abrasive style and lack of music also drove many away from the station.  I know he was a net-gainer for the station before anybody points out his great listening figures but just saying as much as he pulled in listeners, he also very much pushed others away.

8 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Agree on that I’m more of a station hopper these days depends on mood or what want to listen to. Did find the 50th stuff was good some of the best live lounges and enjoyed the greatest hits show 

6 hours ago, AndyK77 said:

I also think age brackets are very assumptive in a time when the generation boundaries are blurring.  I am outside Radio 1's stated target audience but I find Radio 1's music and humour much more for me than what is offered elsewhere.  If you are an older listener there really is nowhere playing new music unless you are into the 6 Music style of new music and not the broader view of new music found on Radio 1.  As I said elsewhere, Radio 1 actually has a great line-up of warm presenters at the moment.  As much as I am not a huge fan of Grimmy these days, I think him replacing Moyles at Breakfast really improved the tone of the station for the better. I know Moyles was very popular with many, but his abrasive style and lack of music also drove many away from the station.  I know he was a net-gainer for the station before anybody points out his great listening figures but just saying as much as he pulled in listeners, he also very much pushed others away.

I think with Moyles some of his controversial statements at the end of his tenure didn’t match the values young people think expected. Think there’s pros and cons of this generation fusion across different stations. I do find 6 Music daytime and evenings is trying to appeal for a younger audience Gid Coe, Mark Riley, Radcliffe and Maconie on weekends provides for older listener. Find for older listeners Virgin, GHR, Boom and Gold, Magic Absolute 60s,Classic Rock trying to go for that older audience but with little distinct sounds feel there’s to sides to it as do feel it is something to not try to be too exclusionary as Radio 2, LBC, Radio 6 and Radio 4 trying to sound for a younger audience (Rad5) also 

1 hour ago, Lily Georgia said:

R1 is splitting frequencies between 20.00 and 22.00 on Friday 18th June.  Danny will be on FM and Arielle will be on DAB - it's for England v Scotland at Euro 2020.

Will you be able to chose what you listen to on sounds? Is it going to be the actual match or just the normal show with some reactions.

EDIT: Arielle will be on Radio 1 Dance.

6 minutes ago, R1Fan1 said:

Will you be able to chose what you listen to on sounds? Is it going to be the actual match or just the normal show with some reactions.

Appears they are using R1 Dance for the Scotland opt-out, with Danny on R1

I assume the format will be similar to Rock and Roll Football on Absolute, with match updates between the usual music 

1 hour ago, R1Fan1 said:

From Monday 5th July, there are going to be anthems every day from 10am to 11am.

Think they did it last year as a replacement for the summer mixes. Noticed also gone daily with the happy hour sometimes would be cool to have themes ones. Think may subscribe to them again as stuff like the shiney happy playlist on Radio 2 the Happy Hour do provide good moodboost 

Hopefully we get a epic big name live lounge on Clara's final show/week. She's been a good strong music DJ in that slot, keeping it consistent and she is the best fit for Future Sounds at this stage (that'll probably be where Jack Saunders ends up eventually though).

Same goes for Annie. I'm hoping we get a big send off show for Annie. She's a big figure in the music industry as well as on the radio. For me, it'll be one of those 'end of an era' things that come round every so often. Zane Lowe was probably the last person to leave who left a big hole in a lot of listeners, and before that probably Moyles (of course that's subjective)

On 6/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, NathanS said:

Hopefully we get a epic big name live lounge on Clara's final show/week. She's been a good strong music DJ in that slot, keeping it consistent and she is the best fit for Future Sounds at this stage (that'll probably be where Jack Saunders ends up eventually though).

Same goes for Annie. I'm hoping we get a big send off show for Annie. She's a big figure in the music industry as well as on the radio. For me, it'll be one of those 'end of an era' things that come round every so often. Zane Lowe was probably the last person to leave who left a big hole in a lot of listeners, and before that probably Moyles (of course that's subjective)

Yes Lowe was a massive departure seemed like a lot of musicians were sharing tribute messages even though just going to work elsewhere to be fair. Liked him on Radio 1 but made best call to go to Apple Music kind of really built something special there. I think people from the music industry will probably do plenty of tweets messages etc. Can imagine the rules permit there would likely to be some sort of on air sort of party show with Grimmy and few other Radio 1 presenters and maybe some artists like Wolf Alice since they were the first artist to be played on her weekday show Giant Peach. To be specific. But could imagine would be good to see them Diplo, Clara Amfo, Danny Howard, Pete Tong, Calvin Harris, Billie Eilish, Bastille etc dropping in or leaving something to play out on last week.

Would be good if for Clara on her last week of Mid morning show they did a whole show or a week playing some of the Best live lounges from her era.

I would like to see Jack Saunders end up there one day of course, it’s like did hope for something like that for Taggart and Stephens. Feel Clara will have a minimum of three years. I think she’d be great in years to come at doing Jo Whileys show when she isn’t going that slot of course years to come till then