Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

4 hours ago, michaelb said:

Monday 3rd May

7-9 Rickie, Melvin & Charlie

9-10 Club Charlie 

I wonder whether they’ll bring some of their current features to weekdays suppose maybe in Thursdays they may do more weekend vive anthems and stuff like club Charlie 

3 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Maybe they could’ve given Vick and Katie the breakfast show on 17th (M&M are hosting that), with Matt and Mollie doing Scott’s show, with Vick and Katie doing Jordan’s show on Friday and Saturday, with maybe RMC on Sunday.

Yes does seem odd will they double shift on a Sunday but think they’d be good on at afternoons for that time and good with the listeners think they rather keep more consistency with breakfast cover much as possible same team covering breakfast 

7 hours ago, AndyK77 said:

He just said on air that he is taking week commencing 17 May off so he can go home and see his family as soon as the restrictions on overnight stays are lifted.

That’s fair and will be well deserved break 

Several elements suprise me here

A. why not use Jordan in the week? unless he is going home?

B. Why double shift them on Sunday, when someone like Arielle, or any of the weekday DJs could cover Jordans slot, before he went to drivetime, in fact after he did it wasn't unknown for Greg to cover a weekend shift, or Scott for that matter (although in this case Scott is off)

Greg used to regularly cover the chart on a Sunday and Scott did too, and cover things like dance anthems and all

Chris Moyles used to cover weekend shifts sometimes, when they were at last resort, it seems these days the weekday lot only stray to weekend shows when its something like Big Weekend

Jordan must be unavailable. Going home on the 17th when restrictions allow seems only fair when he says it’s been since last Summer since he saw family.

The only schedule hasn’t been uploaded for the Sunday yet? Do we know if they are double shifting. I agree RMC or Arielle covering Sunday morning would be better. 

3 minutes ago, Ash101 said:

Jordan must be unavailable. Going home on the 17th when restrictions allow seems only fair when he says it’s been since last Summer since he saw family.

The only schedule hasn’t been uploaded for the Sunday yet? Do we know if they are double shifting. I agree RMC or Arielle covering Sunday morning would be better. 

Or even Greg - I bet he would if given the call

Chris Stark? give him a chance to do it solo

36 minutes ago, R1Fan1 said:

I don’t think Chris can drive the desk so it would be hard for him. Don’t forget, the schedules aren’t out for Sunday 23rd yet so it’s possible that Vick and Katie are in fact not on Sunday 23rd - we’ll have to wait for that.

I think Chris does know how to do bits as think he may have done bits when Scott’s struggling to get in at suction at times did some of the sound effects but isn’t probably contacted for cover presenting and is probably down as a co host not a solo host in ways like there are ones on commercial radio who contribute maybe done the odd pre recorded show but all within the team format. Think they more of a duo 

1 hour ago, Lee E said:

Or even Greg - I bet he would if given the call

Chris Stark? give him a chance to do it solo

Would but you don’t see breakfast presenters going out of their schedules really not unless they have a weekend show on commercial. There have been times when Katie or Cel double shifted before but possible that Jess Izsatt Arielle could most likely only time heard Greg covered on weekends was the chart before he started his tenure on the chart but think did on few occasions due to the fact how big her show is and exceptions of festivals or teen awards think times when Jordan takes time off feel Mollie could do mornings of weekends and Matt could do afternoons solo save on the cash as they were both going to be in that day and don’t have to really pay more

3 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Arielle covered for Jordan a couple of months ago so she could have easily done it. Jess probably wouldn't as she does her show on BBC London the night before. Splitting up Matt and Mollie would be a strange move in my opinion.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Arielle on the Sunday.

Vick Hope and Katie Thistleton in for Jordan North from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd.

Dean McCullough sits in for Matt Edmondson. from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd. Mollie King presenting as usual.

Sam MacGregor and Danni Diston in for Vick and Katie on Life Hacks and The Official Chart: First Look on Sunday 23rd.

Vick Hope in for Annie Mac on 25th May.

Lots of interesting changes there - nice to see Dean McCullough covering already, it will be nice to see what he sounds like bouncing off another presenter. 

Also good to see Sam and Danni off the Christmas line up being used again and Vick in for Annie is an unexpected choice but one that I can definitely see working! 

1 hour ago, R1Fan1 said:

Vick Hope and Katie Thistleton in for Jordan North from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd.

Dean McCullough sits in for Matt Edmondson. from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd. Mollie King presenting as usual.

Sam MacGregor and Danni Diston in for Vick and Katie on Life Hacks and The Official Chart: First Look on Sunday 23rd.

Vick Hope in for Annie Mac on 25th May.

Sam MacGregor and Danni Diston are doing a stint for early breakfast later this year i think,
They covered at Chrtimass, and were fairly good, so it sort of make sense to bring them back.

On Vic, unexpected. But she host a music podcast on sounds, so probably got the background and passion for music to do the show. will be interring to see  how she gets on 

2 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Katie is in for Arielle this Wednesday.

Is that the first time Arielle has been off this year (excluding bank holidays)? Grimmy hasn't had any weeks off air since Christmas either (apart from the one day covered by Jack Saunders). Hopefully we get a good couple of weeks back to back of Jordan covering soon.