Dan18F1

8 minutes ago, michaelb said:

Monday 12th-Thursday 15th April

Jack Saunders in for Annie 

Jess Iszatt in for Annie (Mon-Wed)

YUNGBLUD in for Jack (Thurs)

Friday 16th April

Sarah Story sits in for Annie

Yungblud in for Jack? That should be an interesting listen!

Vick & Katie are in for Matt & Mollie tomorrow, while they're still on Breakfast in for Greg. I'm sure the schedule did have Vick & Katie on breakfast with M&M in their usual slot tomorrow, but it's changed since. I assume it was an error.

11 minutes ago, NathanS said:

Yungblud in for Jack? That should be an interesting listen!

Vick & Katie are in for Matt & Mollie tomorrow, while they're still on Breakfast in for Greg. I'm sure the schedule did have Vick & Katie on breakfast with M&M in their usual slot tomorrow, but it's changed since. I assume it was an error.

Last year,  I am pretty sure  Jack had artist cover his show for week, one of them being Youngblood, If i rember he sound good. 

8 minutes ago, Old Codger Fan said:

^ That's a whole lotta chill! ^

9 minutes ago, Old Codger Fan said:

^ That's a whole lotta chill! ^

Do like chilled music and the chill out section and playlists and sounds don’t think I’d dedicate whole day works for station like six music some times makes sense to have some more chilled tracks on Sunday morning in breakfast if had a bit of a Saturday out in usual times or with pubs reopening or people who again usual times have the odd house party and with Sunday being day of rests so think nice for breakfast shows and the evening slots to carry chilled music but feel would want to chuck in some playlist tracks and some stuff would be played in best new pop. Think would kept with usual playlist and shows but maybe do the odd thing with afternoons play the odd live lounge and session tracks.

used to like it when they did a bangers day of tracks selected by Scott and Chris 

Not sure what exactly is happening but radio 1 seem to have an ‘Earth Day’ theme of shows on Thursday evening:

6-8 Power Down Playlist with Annie Mac
8-10 Radio 1’s Chillest Show with Sian Eleri
10-11 Radio 1’s Decompression Session
11-12 Radio 1’s Movie Mixtapes: Classical Chilled Piano Mixtape
12am-4am Earth Day on Radio 1

Not quite sure what this is about, other than it seems to be a chilled theme of shows - Radio 1 seem to be very into the chilled theme at the moment especially with the whole day of shows on bank holiday Monday too.

25 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

Not sure what exactly is happening but radio 1 seem to have an ‘Earth Day’ theme of shows on Thursday evening:

6-8 Power Down Playlist with Annie Mac
8-10 Radio 1’s Chillest Show with Sian Eleri
10-11 Radio 1’s Decompression Session
11-12 Radio 1’s Movie Mixtapes: Classical Chilled Piano Mixtape
12am-4am Earth Day on Radio 1

Not quite sure what this is about, other than it seems to be a chilled theme of shows - Radio 1 seem to be very into the chilled theme at the moment especially with the whole day of shows on bank holiday Monday too.

Interesting to see them doing a whole chilled day don’t know what the earth day on radio 1 thing will be about guess more clear in soon coming weeks 

1 hour ago, Bluestraw said:

Earth Day is an international thing on Apr 22nd. So I guess R1 is simply joining in.

I mean it’s yet to know yet what that programming means unless they going to have certain podcasts and around it. Know about earth day but don’t know how a chill day would fit in with an earth day

1 hour ago, Bluestraw said:

Earth Day is an international thing on Apr 22nd. So I guess R1 is simply joining in.

I do feel it’s a bit odd to replace Club Charlie, Party Anthems and Indie Show for Chill based playlists and show its something that extra editions of chill shows could’ve gone out 2-4pm I do feel like they could afford doing extra chill shows in more over night those times. Find if you want chill those times on a Thursday there’s the sounds app or Radio 3 or some other stations seems odd when more weekend vibes. Think for earth days they could’ve done more special newsbeat programming around it or done more of a worldly theme to it playing music from different nations new music that fits the station some KPop or Latin pop and Afrobeats and an indie show that featured indie music from across the globe or done a special new artists championing music from around the world 

1 hour ago, BBCAaron said:

I do feel it’s a bit odd to replace Club Charlie, Party Anthems and Indie Show for Chill based playlists and show its something that extra editions of chill shows could’ve gone out 2-4pm I do feel like they could afford doing extra chill shows in more over night those times. Find if you want chill those times on a Thursday there’s the sounds app or Radio 3 or some other stations seems odd when more weekend vibes. Think for earth days they could’ve done more special newsbeat programming around it or done more of a worldly theme to it playing music from different nations new music that fits the station some KPop or Latin pop and Afrobeats and an indie show that featured indie music from across the globe or done a special new artists championing music from around the world 

Agree with you there. Given the lack of significant promotion about it all so far, seems odd to change all that and possibly get not many actually listening!

4 minutes ago, Bluestraw said:

Agree with you there. Given the lack of significant promotion about it all so far, seems odd to change all that and possibly get not many actually listening!

Feel that on live think after the couple weekends ago the news changing the playlist to more chilled playlist across day and night does seem odd to have chosen a night that’s got the pre weekend vibes and not something that doesn’t seem to get new listeners tuning in or appeal to the listeners of those listening at that time think the selection of shows may be ok for those who don’t mind that calming music when studying find the decompression mixes and movie mixes more for sounds and seem an odd selection to put in the indie show slot feel it’s ok for Boxing Day evening or New Year’s Day but doesn’t fit the brief.

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Matt & Mollie are in for Greg on Monday 17th May.

Vick and Katie are in for Scott from Monday 17th to Thursday 20th May.

Nice to see Vick and Katie getting some weekday exposure; likely the successors to that show whenever Scott (hopefully no time soon) throws in the towel on afternoons.