Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

1 hour ago, Old Codger Fan said:

I wonder what peoples views are on the time slots that different shows are given?  I know it's not such a big deal in these days of 'catch-up' listening, but (for instance), Jack Saunders sounds a touch too 'lively' to me for that late at night - whereas a straight swap with the relatively-relaxed Annie Mac would make more sense .....

I agree. I would prefer to hear Jack Saunders before Annie Mac and would like to see more Annie chill out. Or maybe Phil Taggert with Annie during week?

R1 are doing a Christmas House Party on Tuesday 1st December from 17.35 to midnight - presenters as follows:

17.35-18.00 Nick Grimshaw (Newsbeat is 17.30-17.35)

18.00-19.00 Adele Roberts

19.00-20.00 Arielle Free

20.00-21.00 Danny Howard

21.00-22.00 Charlie Hedges

22.00-23.00 Rickie & Melvin

23.00-00.00 Jack Saunders

1Xtra, Asian Network, R2 and R6 Music are all doing their own versions on that evening too.

1 hour ago, Dan18F1 said:

What’s that going to consist of then? It sounds interesting anyway! 

Seems to be part of some BBC Sounds project to allow them to stream playlists over Christmas:

On radio, all BBC pop stations are staging Christmas House Party, each having a room at the party and using their output to provide that room’s soundtrack. BBC Sounds is hosting a second series of Radio 4’s Grounded With Louis Theroux and Radio 2 celebrates the world of musical theatre in January with a season of special programming. BBC Sounds will also provide the musical support our audiences might need to make the most of a more home-based festive season with classic tracks and mixes to help manage mood or make an occasion, together with unique mixes led by our talent.

• 3 weeks later...

Week commencing Monday 4th January:

• Rickie, Melvin & Charlie are in for Clara (Mon-Thurs)
  • Matt & Mollie are in for Scott & Chris (Mon & Tues)
  • Adele is in for Rickie, Melvin & Charlie (Mon-Thurs)

I guess Clara and Scott are working during the week leading up to Christmas (unlike most of the weekday presenters) so this makes some kind of sense.