Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

1 hour ago, Dan18F1 said:

On Saturday 5th January, the new Rap Show with Tiffany Calver begins. Jordan is also in for Matt which means that they still don’t want Mollie doing her own show strangely! 

Probs because Matt and Mollie are covering Greg for the week Mon-Thu so have their own show off - I wonder if they'll use the weekend breakfast package or Gregs package 

29 minutes ago, Lee E said:

Probs because Matt and Mollie are covering Greg for the week Mon-Thu so have their own show off - I wonder if they'll use the weekend breakfast package or Gregs package 

I think they’ll use their own package! Mollie is there though so it’s not like they’re both off - Jordan is doing everyday from Christmas Eve!! 

31 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

Sorry to double post but the 8th is still happening well into the new year with Dev still presenting it week commencing the 7th January! All the other normal presenters are back that week though

Reckon that the site may have not been checked properly before that was posted. I can't see why Dev would still be presenting at that point!

17 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

Dev is still presenting the 8th the week commencing the 14th of Jan! I thought Rickie, Marvin and Charlie were meant to start at the start of Jan? 

The press release only said they were starting in 2019 so I suppose it could be any time really, but given that Dev has worked every single day since the 19th October, I'm guessing they'll be switching sooner rather than later.

"The airwaves are getting a shake-up net year, and the Radio 1 family will be welcoming on board a trio of new presenters in the form of Rickie, Melvin and Charlie, who are set to launch a 9-11pm show from April onwards."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3BpyZTV1g77WtCXY1qbWRmM/12-reasons-why-2019-is-going-to-be-amazing

Did anyone hear Nikki Osborne or Adam English yesterday or today? I’ve just listened to some of both of their shows back, and I really liked what I heard of Adam! Sounds a bit like a young Greg or Jordan with his delivery so hopefully he gets more cover slots in the future. 

Also, interestingly, both of them had their names recorded which suggests that R1 may have plans for them to cover again. 

Don’t often like to listen to the SRA shows as I get incredibly jealous :D, but I had a listen to both and Adam is pretty good! Right delivery and tone for the show, wouldn’t mind hearing him again.

Nikki chose some great tracks on NYE too though, so that won me over :wub:

Matt and Molly this morning - using Greg's imaging and doing his features like Yesterday's Quiz and the Ten Minute Takeover, but without the "coming up" mixes. Matt broke the rules of the 10MT thought - he gave Molly a choice of four tracks requested instead of taking the top three on his screen.

30 minutes ago, OohErr said:

Matt and Molly this morning - using Greg's imaging and doing his features like Yesterday's Quiz and the Ten Minute Takeover, but without the "coming up" mixes. Matt broke the rules of the 10MT thought - he gave Molly a choice of four tracks requested instead of taking the top three on his screen.

I missed that today but that’s actually annoyed me slightly ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...