Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

Katie is hosting Life Hacks solo for the next two weeks (7th and 14th Oct) while also covering for Jordan on the 7th. Jordan will be covering Grimmy's show on the 18th! Being waiting to find out who the main cover will be, reckon it'll be Jordan if Grimmy takes 1 or 2 days off, and Dev and Alice if he takes a whole week or two off.

Sunday 21st:

10:00 Greatest Hits with Jordan North

1:00 The Teen Awards Warm Up with Matt and Adele

3:00 The Teen Awards with Nick and Clara

4:00 The Teen Awards with (I presume) Greg, Maya and Mollie ( there’s no presenters listed)

Monday 22nd to Thursday 25th:

4:00 Jordan in for Adele

10:00 Adele in for Clara

7:00 Phil in for Annie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nick Bright is covering for Dev on The 8th on the 13th November. Matt Edmondson is in for Scott on the 21st November and from the 26th-29th. Mollie isn't listed presumably because Chris Stark will still be there and therefore there is no need to bring Mollie in with her. Also on the 25th, Cel is doing Life Hacks and Most Played on his own. 

Lots of changes on Friday 30th:
Katie Thilslton in for Maya Jama 

Jordon North in for Scott Mills (Chart and Dance Anthems)

Danny Howard in for Annie Mac

Idris Elba in for Pete Tong (Idris did some dance shows on capital a few years back - I thought he was very good)
The Black Madonna in for Danny Howard (surprised it's not Monki) 

I think it might be Alice because Matt did all the week before and his weekend shows would mean he would do lots of radio in a row and obviously they couldn’t have Dev and Alice because Dev is doing the 8th. 

I do wonder though why Jordan isn’t covering at all? He sounded good in the summer with Chris. He’s not covering the Greatest Hits when Maya is off either. I wonder if he’s getting a bit of time off before he probably does a show everyday round Christmas! 

That is a move I did NOT see coming. A very bold move of Radio 1 to directly poach an entire commercial breakfast show. They're clearly not scared of Radiocentre anymore. And about time too. That's the third time they've taken from commercial radio this year (and the second time from Kiss). 

That said, I've never been hugely impressed whenever I've heard Kiss Breakfast. But we'll see.

17 minutes ago, OohErr said:

That is a move I did NOT see coming. A very bold move of Radio 1 to directly poach an entire commercial breakfast show. They're clearly not scared of Radiocentre anymore. And about time too. That's the third time they've taken from commercial radio this year (and the second time from Kiss). 

That said, I've never been hugely impressed whenever I've heard Kiss Breakfast. But we'll see.

I too am very surprised by this. The press realise doesn't mention that the show will be on 1Xtra either (as far as I can see). As Snoochie Shy is taking over 11pm-1am on 1Xtra maybe 1Xtra's current 11pm-1am shows will move to 9pm-11pm? Also it doesn't look like Snoochie's 1-3am Monday show is still happening either? 

I am looking forward to hearing Rickie, Melvin and Charlie on Radio 1 but I can't see them ever making daytimes as Rickie and Melvin are both 38. 

Very interesting move from Radio 1. Quite bold for them to go for big names from the commercial radio world instead of recruiting someone younger and more unknown. Rickie, Melvin and Charlie are clearly ratings winners so I'm sure the show will be a success and they'll probably be able to push the boundaries and do something very different to what they were doing on Kiss.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:13 PM, Tea20 said:

Sideman in for Dev on the 8th tonight.

Caught some of Alix and Riyadh covering life hacks on Sunday, they weren't any better or worse than Cel and Katie tbh. There were a few creases that could easily be ironed out, but they generally sounded OK.

Whats the deal with Sideman, now that Charlie Sloth has disappeared in a puff of smoke? 

Does he have a permanent contract with R1? I just assumed he was paid freelance and would go with CS?

8 hours ago, harrysmyth said:

Whats the deal with Sideman, now that Charlie Sloth has disappeared in a puff of smoke? 

Does he have a permanent contract with R1? I just assumed he was paid freelance and would go with CS?

Sideman’s still part of ‘the 8th’ team. Not sure what his actual job is tho.

I bet he’ll be gone when Ricky Melvin and Charlie take over. Or rather they won’t ‘zoo format’ seeing as they are already 3 presenters there 

Sideman’s still got his 1xtra show as well so I think he might be a co-presenter then? Not sure