Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

How crazy is this - assuming Scott bridges the gap between Grimmy and Greg, he will have done it for FIVE breakfast show hosts - he first did it between Zoe Ball finishing and Sara Cox starting, then again between Coxy and Moyles, then Moyles and Grimmy and now (hopefully) Grimmy and Greg. Amazing.

I might even dig out and edit the shows from Scott Mills's "shortest breakfast show ever" back in 2012.

And then Jordan's filling in for Matt all weekend too! He's a busy boy. And Adele's on all next weekend too - back on earlies on Friday, Dance Anthems on Saturday and weekend breakfast on Sunday. The schedule for Monday week isn't up yet, so we don't know who's on drive that week. 

1 hour ago, OohErr said:

The schedule for Monday week isn't up yet, so we don't know who's on drive that week. 

Its Dev and Alice again that week according to Digiguide, off the top of my head I think they’re doing the week after too, but i might be making that up :lol:

EDIT: Dev and Alice are doing WB 6th too, Adele seems to be covering their Sunday show every week until the schedules goes back to normal!

2 hours ago, OohErr said:

Ah that's a shame, a week or two of Jordan on drive would've been nice and a great opportunity for him. 

I agree, I can’t see why he isn’t first choice because it surely would be more convenient to have him on over Dev and Alice as he only does 1 show a week. 

Also, I’ve just realised Jordan has covered every weekday show on the schedule in just this year! Not a lot of DJs have the chance to that!

Nick Bright is doing The 8th tonight and Dev on the Tuesday so a double shift for Dev on Tuesday. Jordon is also doing a double shift on Friday as he is doing Early Breakfast and sitting in for Matt for Friday-Sunday. Katie Thistleton is in for Maya on Friday, Cel is doing Greatest Hits Sunday so a double shift for him while Adele is doing Dance Anthems Saturday and Weekend Breakfast Sunday.

49 minutes ago, TMD_24 said:

Probably means that the Drivetime and maybe Breakfast changes start 3rd September.

Which makes sense to start it that week because that's when people go back to school/college! I'm sure I read before that in July/August listener figures drop because of this, so it would be stupid to start a new breakfast show during that period when nobody is awake :D

Just me who thinks so many weeks off for swapping shows is a bit excessive? if its what prepares them for the best possible start to the show then why not but others have only taken 1 or 2 weeks off before they took over...

I’m not sure, I think we’ll get 3 weeks of Matt and Mollie since they haven’t done any cover so far. 

The only thing is that Matt seems to be off a lot at the moment and so Jordan is covering his show which means that in a couple of weeks time, Jordan wouldn’t have done his Greatest Hits Show for about a month. 

12 hours ago, OohErr said:

It is a bit of a mess at the moment - Grimmy is the only person still doing his regular show! They probably wanted everyone to get in their holidays now so that the full line up is on for the breakfast launch. 

It's all over the show but getting other presenters some exposure

I also think we'll get 3 weeks of Scott on Breakfast which leads me into my next question; will Scott use his breakfast package which is basically Grimmys but with the name changed to Scott's or will he just use his generic afternoon jingles, like when he covered between Moyles and Grimmy and milk it being the "shortest breakfast show ever" except if this is longer than five shows it won't have been

Also noticed Alice and Dev did well not making reference to Greg apart from at 1806 when they said "should we be doing something now" referring to the ten minute takeover

Of course it must be hard for them not to say "oh hi it's Dev and Alice here in for Greg" at the moment