Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

2 hours ago, Tea20 said:

Last time as "The Matt Edmondson Show"* tomorrow before it becomes "Matt and Mollie" next week.

* Not called that on air anymore but nice that they still called it that on the online schedule

RIP. I still miss the Wednesday night version of The Matt Edmondson Show - it was like nothing I'd ever heard before, or since. So creative, and so funny.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:07 AM, OohErr said:

RIP. I still miss the Wednesday night version of The Matt Edmondson Show - it was like nothing I'd ever heard before, or since. So creative, and so funny.

It was pure epicness even with that magpie always stealing the CDs with Matt's best features. 

10 hours ago, vorti said:

It was pure epicness even with that magpie always stealing the CDs with Matt's best features. 

"We'll cobble something together".

Not to forget Gary the Psychic Moth, Funty the Fun Time Puppet Pal, Warwick Hunt (the BBC's Head of Editorial Compliance), Peter Spendthrift (Radio 1's original Money Saving Expert) and Tim the Twitter Trending Expert. Plus Matt's Rich Uncle Alan, Doc Beige and Taio Cruz's secret diary. It was only one hour once a week for 18 months, and yet it had so many memorable moments.

It would really suit the 3am comedy slot, they should bring it back.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:10 AM, OohErr said:

"We'll cobble something together".

Not to forget Gary the Psychic Moth, Funty the Fun Time Puppet Pal, Warwick Hunt (the BBC's Head of Editorial Compliance), Peter Spendthrift (Radio 1's original Money Saving Expert) and Tim the Twitter Trending Expert. Plus Matt's Rich Uncle Alan, Doc Beige and Taio Cruz's secret diary. It was only one hour once a week for 18 months, and yet it had so many memorable moments.

It would really suit the 3am comedy slot, they should bring it back.

Oh yes*, I love all of these, but couldn't name them all even if I tried. I can add one though: the fake BBC Three promos which always sounded real for a few moments, and these "shows" were always hosted by the same "former Atomic Kitten member", that was where I always lost it. Saved a few episodes back then, I might give them a listen when I can.

*YAAAAAAASS!

Ah, the old Wednesday night Matt Edmondson Show. I miss it too, it was the first radio show that I made sure that I didn't miss each week. Still one of the best things I've ever heard.

Dev has been sounding good covering the 8th recently – still entertaining without the I-want-the-whole-universe-to-hear-me shouting. He makes the show much more listenable.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 1_tw said:

Jordan is covering for Matt with Mollie that Friday, guessing they want the same person both days for continuity.

Jordan is also covering for Matt with Mollie for the rest of the weekend and so Cel is doing Jordans Greatest Hits Show. Jordan is also covering Adele on Monday and Tuesday and possibly all week because Adele is covering Clara’s Show. 

So, the schedule for week 1 of Greg's break is up - Will Best on earlies, Grimmy still on breakfast, Adele in for Clara, Jordan in for Scott (for the first time ever - wonder if Chris will be with him?) and Dev and Alice in for Greg. Adele back on early breakfast on the Friday though, and Dev and Alice doing Friday breakfast as well. Not sure who's doing the chart yet.

Its funny looking at schedule 

Says "Jordan in for Scott" and "Adele in for Clara" yet on drive just says "Dev and Alice" presume as after next Thursday it's not Greg's show anymore so it will be the funny interim period when it's no ones show - Same thing happened when Moyles left and Scott covered "a breakfast show with no name" 

Wonder if Scott covers the weeks after Grimmy finishes then he will use the standard Jingle package for the breakfast show he has or will he use his standard afternoon ones in readiness for a new package for Greg