Unofficial Mills

The Future of Radio 1

welovemoyles

So what do people think will be happening with our glorious station by the time it reaches it's 60th Birthday?

I feel it will undergo some of the most amazing changes it has ever been through. With technology evolving all the time.

Veterans like Mills,Greg and Grimshaw will have moved on by then.

Big prediction if Grimshaws ratings don't drop too much in the near future then he will beat the Breakfast show record to then be replaced by someone along the lines of Charlie Sloth.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

I am going to go out on a limb here... I think Greg will go before the others 

I think his TV career will kick off within the next 18 months and drive will go to someone like Matt, Alice or one of the newer ones (Matt or Alice drive, Scott weekends on greatest hits and cover in the week for all shows and Jordan or Cel Weekend afternoons) 

As regards Mills - it will be the way I've always said, he will start to cover shows on R2, as soon as someone on R2 leaves Coxy will get a daytime slot, be that breakfast, 930-12, or 2-5 or drive (cant see Vine going anywhere soon or Mayo) at that point Scott will become their first choice for cover I would say covering all their shows like Coxy did and also covering slots at 1 like drive, and Breakfast before moving into the next permanent slot on R2 as well as doing Sounds of the 80s although that could be made part of Coxys gig and Scott do a new sounds of the 00s show 

As for Grimmy 

Well hes in the five year club now between Mayo and Read in place and I think if he continues as he is, he will just break the CM record to make a point then leave, to be replaced by someone like Cel Spellman or Alice Levine 

I think this there are two reasons for this Grimmy wants to beat the Great Moyles and Cooper needs to prove himself 

What has surprised me is Mistajam being given more exposure and bigger shows as he is an older hand on the station being there the same time as Greg and co 

Don't know why it's still suggested Mills will eventually move to weekends and do some weekday cover. I would put a large amount of money on that not happening.  He'll go out at the top on weekdays 1-4. Why would one of Radio 1's most legendary presenters who's been on weekdays for nearly 15 years agree to be demoted to weekends and the subs bench. Never gonna happen in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2017 at 9:25 PM, murste said:

Why would one of Radio 1's most legendary presenters who's been on weekdays for nearly 15 years agree to be demoted to weekends and the subs bench. Never gonna happen in my opinion.

I hope not as well I hope he gets a chance of one of the bigger shows before he leaves like Breakfast or Drive again