Unofficial Mills

Luke Frank sitting in for Alice on Sunday

welovemoyles

Is this person on 1 extra? I would have thought someone from 1 extra would come over, like Yasser has and Nick Bright seems to be Adeles cover

Would also love to see someone like Sara Cox or Zoe Ball do some cover on R1 weekends

Also Greg James must have some hols coming up as mentioned Dev on his show today as "the cover" and he has his own drive jingles

He does sound like he'd maybe fit better on Capital or Heart rather than Radio 1, but then it was his first show and I guess it takes a bit of time to adapt style. Surprised he was given such a prominent slot for his first appearance but hey ho - he does sound very slick and there's definitely potential there.

Saying that it's good to hear some new voices on Radio 1 daytime and not just someone that's transitioned over from 1Xtra.

Gotta say I was really impressed. For a first show, it was way better than I was expecting. Good personality, bit awkward getting out of links and into songs but hit the vocals on the songs I heard him intro, his news intros were almost Scott-level good. Overall, a good choice by R1 to give a trial show and if I was them, he'd definitely be invited back.