Unofficial Mills

Hirsty's Daily Dose

OohErr

I've heard bits and pieces of it on Soundcloud and it sounded really fantastic, much better than most commercial radio breakfast shows. Obviously slightly tarnished by the fact that Stephanie was so desperately unhappy for the whole time she was doing it, but nonetheless I'd love to hear more. Does anybody have any recordings of it?

Ahh, Capital Yorkshire! Their intro jingles were fantastic, and most of their content was great too. During their show, it seemed as though Capital was on in almost every building and car in Yorkshire and they always had some great ideas (see below!). A real fantastic team spirit - and commercial radio that actually envied the BBC. 

I listened every morning before being converted to BBC Radio 1 by an old friend (to whom I am eternally grateful). Consistently good radio. A lot of their stuff is on SoundCloud, including full length podcasts. 

I went to huge lengths to be featured - once texting in at the age of 12 to say "I've just looked over my wife's shoulder and she's texting another man. What do I do?". Lo and behold, moments later it was the discussion of an entire link. A real mastermind at 12, me.