Unofficial Mills

Chris Stark

starkerz

• 1 year later...

I’ve got a friend who knows of Chris as she grew up in North West London as well and apparently Chris and his girlfriend have a daughter (toddler)! I think of myself of a frequent listener but don’t remember it ever being discussed or mentioned?! I know him and his girlfriend aren’t married and at the time wouldn’t of been together for that long / quite young so maybe that’s why he chose to not disclose it? He’d make such a fun dad! 

Yeah, this forum worked out that Chris and his gf had had a baby when it happened. What can I say, we're excellent stalkers. But I suppose it was never mentioned on air both for her privacy and also because they want to preserve Chris' image as a bit of a lad who's still having fun and finding his way in the world. Being settled with a kid doesn't really fit with that. But also it makes you seem older, and makes you less relatable to the target audience, most of whom won't have kids. Plus people talking about their kids is really boring. I'm kinda glad it's not mentioned on air, for all of the reasons above. 

Matt's kid has been acknowledged once or twice - he had to miss a live episode of the Xtra Factor for her birth and they explained it live on air, and then he put a statement on his Twitter - he implied that he wasn't going to announce it publicly but they did it for him on the Xtra Factor so he felt obligated to say something. And I think then one of his guests on the radio show referenced it shortly after and he seemed a bit uncomfortable and moved on the conversation. 

Back in the day I think Coxy, Jo Whiley and Edith might have talked about their kids a bit more, but it's probably harder to keep them a secret when they disappear from the airwaves for several months! 

Oh, and did I mention - people talking about their kids is BORING.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, Chris got married today by the way. A couple of wedding Instagram stories. We probably should've sent a card. Oh well. There's always next wedding.

Also I'm fully caught up with last week's show and Thursday's show was so lovely. A touching celebration of Chris, it was great, especially Scott's tribute at the end. If you missed it, it's worth a listen back because they played out a few classic clips of his best moments - including Beccy!