Unofficial Mills

Jordan North

welovemoyles

I haven't heard much of him on early breakfast - tbh most of his weekend cover annoys me so idk if he'll get a slot. Saying that he jacked his job in at his Manchester station recently so maybe he heard there might be something up for grabs...

On a separate note I LOVE Adele in for Clara - she's much more up beat, professional, has a better way with words. She's just simply more enjoyable to listen to and doesn't bore me like Clara so often does!

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

Yes. I would keep that constellation. I boycott Claras show because the only thing she does is read out texts and announce music and every now and then a Live Lounge. But with Adele (I'd definitely miss her on early breakfast) it was much better, she even brought up a few games and stuff. I don't know what to think about Jordan North. I like his way of presenting, but he didn't seem as motivated as Adele on early breakfast.

Sent from my D6503 using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

14 hours ago, matthewm192 said:

On a separate note I LOVE Adele in for Clara - she's much more up beat, professional, has a better way with words. She's just simply more enjoyable to listen to and doesn't bore me like Clara so often does!

Completely agree, Adele is fantastic! As previously mentioned, though, because she's getting a little old for the TA, after early breakfast it's looking perhaps like she'll be quietly dropped. 

I think she should replace Dev on the Weekend Breakfast Show and have Jordan North in on early mornings. 

• 3 months later...
I reckon a good move would be Adele to weekend breakfast, Jordan to early breakfast and an Alice and Clara swap I think Dev's days are limited now.

Just to quote a user on here: "Clara has got the personality of a raisin"
I wouldn't be that harsh, but... Don't like her show. More on that at The station -> Radio 1 -> Clara Amfo

Sent from my D6503 using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Jordan would be great for Early Breakfast Show. He's got a very soothing voice, perfect for this ghastly slot. And Adele is doing a brilliant job covering for Clara. I don't really listen to Clara's show when there's no Live Lounge as it's way too boring. But I tune in whenever Adele or Alice are covering for her. Adele sounds nice and lovely and connects easily with the listeners. As for Clara, well she was good at doing the chart show, just count-downing the tracks with occasional shout-outs to the listeners.