Unofficial Mills

Will there be a schedule shakeup in September?

Jono

Here we all are again then. Yeah I think the station is due a shake up. Capital has announced Dave Berry is leaving their Breakfast Show to join Absolute great move for Absolute btw. So it brings me to thinking as the station we all love heads into it's Golden Year some people will be moving on. Others due a nice shiny upgrade. It's now or nether for Greg it's Breakfast or Cricket 2017 is the year we find out. Btw loving Greg and Scott's Shows lately. So to the point from September I reckon the new line up will look like this.
Weekdays
4-6am Alice Levine
6-10am Greg James
10-1pm Clara Amfo
1-4pm Matt Edmondson
4-7pm Nick Grimshaw
Friday's 4-7pm Official Chart Show with Scott Mills
Weekends
6-10am Adele Roberts
10-1pm Cel Spellman
1-4pm Scott Mills
4-7pm Saturday Dance Anthems with Danny Howard
4-7pm Sunday Jordan North.
Ben Cooper over to you. Rest of us wait and see.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

22 hours ago, WELOVEMOYLESPART2 said:

Here we all are again then. Yeah I think the station is due a shake up. Capital has announced Dave Berry is leaving their Breakfast Show to join Absolute great move for Absolute btw. So it brings me to thinking as the station we all love heads into it's Golden Year some people will be moving on. Others due a nice shiny upgrade. It's now or nether for Greg it's Breakfast or Cricket 2017 is the year we find out. Btw loving Greg and Scott's Shows lately. So to the point from September I reckon the new line up will look like this.
Weekdays
4-6am Alice Levine
6-10am Greg James
10-1pm Clara Amfo
1-4pm Matt Edmondson
4-7pm Nick Grimshaw
Friday's 4-7pm Official Chart Show with Scott Mills
Weekends
6-10am Adele Roberts
10-1pm Cel Spellman
1-4pm Scott Mills
4-7pm Saturday Dance Anthems with Danny Howard
4-7pm Sunday Jordan North.
Ben Cooper over to you. Rest of us wait and see.

I like that. I think Scott needs to stay on the weekday schedule though, either in his current slot or back to 4-7 and thus taking over the chart. 

1 hour ago, THIS IS THE BBC said:

I think the next chance of a shakeup will be when Annie Mac returns because they will probably want to keeo MistaJam and Danny Howard on more often than they were before.

I agree, I think Annie's great but not right for that show, Jam is way better at Mon-Thur 7-9, Danny can go back to just saturdays cause he's a bit meh, and I'd like Annie to do more daytime stuff as she's a great presenter but way more suited to daytimes somewhere! Also, time for the rock show to bugger off so we can have Dan & Phil back! 

Radio 1 is Where It Begins!

I agree, I think Annie's great but not right for that show, Jam is way better at Mon-Thur 7-9, Danny can go back to just saturdays cause he's a bit meh, and I'd like Annie to do more daytime stuff as she's a great presenter but way more suited to daytimes somewhere! Also, time for the rock show to bugger off so we can have Dan & Phil back! 

Does anyone really listen to that Rock Show? Maybe Rodigan instead and Dan and Phil instead of these lousy Artist Takeovers on Thursdays.

Sent from my D6503 using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

6 hours ago, Jacob_ said:

Keep MistaJam on weeknights, move Dan P Carter to 6Music or something and get Annie back on Fridays and Sunday nights. Then bring either Dan and Phil or Jack and Dean or even Jordan North on 9-10 on Thursdays.

Keep MistaJam on weeknights, move Dan P Carter to 6Music or something and get Annie back on Fridays and Sunday nights. Then bring either Dan and Phil or Jack and Dean or even Jordan North on 9-10 on Thursdays.

Why does everyone want to get Dan and Phil back on? I didn't like the internet takeover at all.

1 hour ago, thebeuter said:

Why does everyone want to get Dan and Phil back on? I didn't like the internet takeover at all.

I agree the internet takeover was utter rubbish! BUT look back at the time Dan & Phil did Sunday evenings, they were fantastic! Dan especially, look at the likes of Cel Spellman, he's a great TV presenter but isn't made for radio, that's the show I think Dan & Phil should take

Radio 1 is Where It Begins!

4 hours ago, WELOVEMOYLESPART2 said:

Bring back Chappers and Dave hahaha

Too old for Radio 1 now, plus I can't imagine them putting Skepta and Stormzy on par with Jesus, like seems to be written into the Radio 1 DJ's contracts. (They'll both be like Goldie Lookin Chain in a decade btw)

They made a great pairing 10 years back though, I'd put them on par with Mark & Lard but only about as half as close.

on the grid.

Too old for Radio 1 now, plus I can't imagine them putting Skepta and Stormzy on par with Jesus, like seems to be written into the Radio 1 DJ's contracts. (They'll both be like Goldie Lookin Chain in a decade btw)

They made a great pairing 10 years back though, I'd put them on par with Mark & Lard but only about as half as close.

Maybe they could do like a rewind week as Radio 1 is turning 50 this year. Getting all the old DJs back on for one week, playing some classic games, clips and music. That kind of stuff.

17 hours ago, thebeuter said:

Maybe they could do like a rewind week as Radio 1 is turning 50 this year. Getting all the old DJs back on for one week, playing some classic games, clips and music. That kind of stuff.

I've mentioned the same thing before but I doubt it will happen. Radio 1 seems to be ashamed somewhat of it's history, I have no idea why as they have had some amazing presenters through their doors over the years. A lot still work for the BBC too so it wouldn't be too hard to put something together.

Coupled with the fact that the heiarchy seem to think the world began in 2012, the 50th anniversary will be low key I reckon. It'll just be some new artists doing a few "oldskool" songs in the live lounge from about 3 years ago.

Strange to me. Because so many Radio 1 listeners have a much broader horizon than what the station gives out. Look at some of the requests for the 10 minute takeover, so many tracks from the 00s and some even from the 90s too. Not saying that should be their playlist as it's a station for new music, but it should make them realize that people don't just like Ed Sheeran and Frank Ocean (whoooooo!) songs.

on the grid.

Very little fuss will be made apart from some special features, giveaways and maybe some throwback Live Lounges (Radio 1 launched on the 30th of September so maybe a special Live Lounge for the end of Live Lounge Month).

In truth, though, most listeners won't care that the station is 50 years old- of course it'd be great to get Moyles, Cox, Whiley etc back on to reminisce and play old tunes but it's not what the majority of the audience would be that bothered about IMO, sure it'd be great if it happened but personally can't see it.

I would love a day of ditching the playlist and playing just the biggest songs Radio 1 have played over the years- I love when they do those days of counting down special lists (Top 150 songs of the decade one of them was I think). It's good fun, allows songs which are brilliant but don't get played often to be on and the presenters usually love those sort of shows.