Unofficial Mills

Favourite Features of All Time

OohErr

*Innuendooo Bingooooo* 

I like Real Or No Real. The comedic appeal to it; the time it's positioned; the interesting facts. Great feature.

The feature I hated the most was probably the one where they'd barricade themselves in the studio, playing an entire album. Reinforces the image people have that they're childish and have nothing more interesting to do / say. 

On a separate note, while flicking through his Wiki to remember older features, it helpfully told me that he has an estimated £130,000 a year salary... :blink:

I love Real or No Real too! Innuendo Bingo has had it I think, it was once funny but not really anymore. Fish Pie Sue was quite good, LOVE Bangers, I think Masterpieces summed up Scott and just how far he can go and still be at Radio 1 for 17 and a half years now! No wonder he's on so much!

Sent from my iPad using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:03 PM, radioanorak said:

The feature I hated the most was probably the one where they'd barricade themselves in the studio, playing an entire album. Reinforces the image people have that they're childish and have nothing more interesting to do / say. 

No way! I thought Masterpieces was hilarious - both the way it felt so rebellious and the fact that what Scott considered to be a masterpiece was wildly different to what Zane considered a masterpiece made for great radio. Nothing wrong with being childish (and let's be honest, nothing says childish better than Innuendo Bingo).

I think Real or No Real and the conversations that surround the facts are just brilliant, my favourite is with Greg James or Alice Levine, who are just so witty. It is a fantasticly simple but brilliant feature. 

And I don't know if it was because I am a similar age to Chris, but I remember smiling through the whole of each Tap End episode. I used to laugh out loud in my car on my own. It was made better by Beccy Huxtable chipping in as well, another great personality on R1. I wonder what she is up to now?

Also, who remembers the Wonder Years? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I liked 'Dear Scott' with the Posh Radio 4 Lady. Whatever happened to that? I think it was just quietly dropped. I agree with the above posts regarding Real or No Real - it is one of the best feature that Scott has done. Especially when Greg or Charlie plays, the off-topic stories that get shared are comedy gold!

With regards to Beccy, I think she has left Radio 1 and is focussing on BBC projects elsewhere. Her Twitter bio mentions she does 'radio and strategy and stuff for the BBC' and I agree, she is still very much missed on the show.

Flirt Divert, Camp Man was good as well. I liked Laura's Diary, it's something that I shouldn't like but actually did.

The on hold thing (can't remember the proper name) was another. Scott calling up an estate agent pretending to be Mika, singing Grace Kelly in an incredibly camp way is on here somewhere as an mp3.

on the grid.