Jump to content
  • New on Unofficial Mills


Ant L

2016 Power Intros

Recommended Posts

It sounds terrible. Seems they're going down the route of "This is Capital from Global", "From Global's newsroom" etc. Don't see the need for the BBC to do it, especially now that their charter has been renewed so there's no real need for a marketing push with the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ant L said:

Some sound problems on Cel's show today. The imaging was playing in terrible quality.

The Adele Roberts version of the Best New Pop intro also played out in error.

This happens on a regulr basis since they moved to the 8th floor! The studios don't work the same as they did in Yalding (mainly because these use Studer desks and Yaldings were DHD). Basically if they've got the cartwall faded up on the bank of faders next to the CDJs and they fade it up on the main desk as well it makes it sound weird like that because it's the same audio being put into the mix, but because it's all digital there is a very slight delay between channels! 

When was this jingle slip up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, forde52 said:

This happens on a regulr basis since they moved to the 8th floor! The studios don't work the same as they did in Yalding (mainly because these use Studer desks and Yaldings were DHD). Basically if they've got the cartwall faded up on the bank of faders next to the CDJs and they fade it up on the main desk as well it makes it sound weird like that because it's the same audio being put into the mix, but because it's all digital there is a very slight delay between channels! 

When was this jingle slip up?

Very interesting, cheers for that info.

Around 4:50pm I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ant L said:

Scott had some new jingles today, FYI

Although the trouble is that Greg James is still using the old voiceovers on his shows, surely this week is the time he will change and he had a promo for Dev Patel with the new voiceovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd just get on with it and change everything properly. I like the old 4 voiceovers but having a mish-mash between them and the new ones just sounds messy. Not a fan of the 1Xtra-sounding male tbh- really liking Mike Wooller, the original New Music Friday female VO and the other female VO (the one on the Little Mix-Touch power intro). They're all sounding great. 

I do miss Scott's personal beds- the one that went "Scott Mills-1" with Merv and then a dancey bed was great and the other one that said "This is Scott Mills, BBC Radio 1" and then a heavier, grimier(?) bed was great too. Gonna miss them in the 1:15 link.

I think the KDA-Turn the Music Louder power intro (was on Scott's show at 3:36 today) is my favourite- sounds SO good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

Although the trouble is that Greg James is still using the old voiceovers on his shows, surely this week is the time he will change and he had a promo for Dev Patel with the new voiceovers.

Yes! And it's even more annoying seems as he is a fellow radio 1"nerd" (so to speak)! My main issue is the chart... please revoice the chart next!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

Good, now all they need to do is change the TOTD ID's and Newsbeat voiceovers.

TOTD did change when they did The sound of 2017 the other week but has since changed back...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2017 at 9:03 PM, murste said:

I wish they'd just get on with it and change everything properly. I like the old 4 voiceovers but having a mish-mash between them and the new ones just sounds messy. Not a fan of the 1Xtra-sounding male tbh- really liking Mike Wooller, the original New Music Friday female VO and the other female VO (the one on the Little Mix-Touch power intro). They're all sounding great. 

I do miss Scott's personal beds- the one that went "Scott Mills-1" with Merv and then a dancey bed was great and the other one that said "This is Scott Mills, BBC Radio 1" and then a heavier, grimier(?) bed was great too. Gonna miss them in the 1:15 link.

I think the KDA-Turn the Music Louder power intro (was on Scott's show at 3:36 today) is my favourite- sounds SO good.

 I know exactly what you mean, sounds like we're on the same wavelength. A mish-mash between old and new is not professional. When the NMF intros with Mike Wooller launched last April, I wasn't a fan of these, but admittedly they have grown on me. These are proper power intros, whereas the rest by Imgur aren't really powerful in the slightest. At first I wasn't sure if bringing Mike back was a wise move, any jingle geek will easily remember he was on the old ones up until September 2014. They sounded great, but these ones with him sound better.

Scott's old beds were great, probably some of the best to come out of the 2014 lot. And I love that KDA-Turn the Music Louder power intro.

On 25/01/2017 at 6:18 PM, TMD_24 said:

Good, now all they need to do is change the TOTD ID's and Newsbeat voiceovers.

TOTD did change briefly but has reverted back to the old one. I'm sure it'll eventually be replaced. The Newsbeat voiceovers dont need changing yet, especially if the main jingle stays the same, otherwise it'll all sound out of place.

On 18/01/2017 at 8:21 PM, TMD_24 said:

I'm guessing the Pure Jingles package will be dead by next week giving the fact that they nearly have completed the roll out after 100 years of easing the new set. 

The Pure Jingles package will never be completely dead, that is evident at 2:55 in the montage - have a listen.

The new Clafa Amfo intro sounds like Dev in it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a feeling WiseBuddah were behind the new imaging! The IMGR Song intros were a bit of a give away.

Newsbeat is technically part of BBC News, so maybe they've got to wait for their say before anything happens there? Unless there is no new Newsbeat yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ryan Pannell said:

If the station imaging sounded confusing before, it sounds more confusing now.

This has seriously got to stop. So unprofessional.

What are you on about? The new imaging sounds slick, modern and professional, don't know what there is to complain about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah all the weekday shows now have presenter IDents, not sure about weekends yet though.

50 minutes ago, Ryan Pannell said:

If the station imaging sounded confusing before, it sounds more confusing now.

This has seriously got to stop. So unprofessional.

I too am confused by what you mean here? It's been brought into line now, old imaging is (98%) out and the new imaging is 98% in I would say! I'm personally loving this new imaging, it blows the last 2 years out of the water (although Pure did produce some awesome TOHs during those 2 years). Wisebuddah's done a great job here and they should be proud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2017 at 11:17 PM, forde52 said:

Yeah all the weekday shows now have presenter IDents, not sure about weekends yet though.

I too am confused by what you mean here? It's been brought into line now, old imaging is (98%) out and the new imaging is 98% in I would say! I'm personally loving this new imaging, it blows the last 2 years out of the water (although Pure did produce some awesome TOHs during those 2 years). Wisebuddah's done a great job here and they should be proud!

 

On 01/02/2017 at 10:59 PM, murste said:

What are you on about? The new imaging sounds slick, modern and professional, don't know what there is to complain about

The only intros that sound good are the ones with Mike Wooller. The rest of the imaging isn't a clear, simple theme. We have mixes thrown about of all sorts that make it sound like a different station between most songs. The length of time it took to introduce these, and the "creeping in" is just highly unprofessional for a national station, nearly a year!  The radio industry might want to go this way with power intros, but they really don't suit the station. They've tried too hard and ballsed it up. The breakfast show idents have been ruined too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...