Unofficial Mills

2016 Power Intros

Ant L

I Noticed about a week ago and @Ant L has confirmed my thoughts that a few Idents have dropped the "Where It Begins" tag line. I've managed to grab a few and drop them together here in case any of you have missed them... 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqee7susel2zkqs/BBC Radio 1 2018 Idents - Without Where It Begins_mixdown.mp3?dl=0

Could this mean we're due a new tagline soon? Where it begins has been since January 2015 so it is coming up to the usual 3.5 - 4 year tag line refresh!

• 3 weeks later...

What a waste of time that is.. I suppose they are releasing stuff of what the station would sound like if they were still using the 2014-2016 imaging and to be fair if they still were using that package with these beds then I guess the package would have lasted a lot longer but I can't see the point of releasing this now if they are two years behind themselves. It's even more funny that they are using a current voice at the start but then switching to the old voices after that.

14 minutes ago, TMD_24 said:

It's even more funny that they are using a current voice at the start but then switching to the old voices after that.

That's what I thought, although I'm sure these are on air now but with the current voices.. Seems strange. Although I'm expecting a new Jingle Package to launch alongside Radio 1 Breakfast tomorrow, the Current package has been used for almost 2 years now with what seems like only 1 major update after 6 months, and with the tagline quite clearly changing to "The One..." it seems about the right time to do it.

I doubt we’ll have an entirely new package tomorrow. The preview of the breakfast imaging heard on the podcast (before it was deleted) suggests not much change, and new idents were only launched a couple of weeks back. 

Long live the power intros. 

1 minute ago, Ant L said:

I doubt we’ll have an entirely new package tomorrow. The preview of the breakfast imaging heard on the podcast (before it was deleted) suggests not much change, and new idents were only launched a couple of weeks back. 

Long live the power intros. 

Not necessarily brand brand new, but at least a refresh of IDs etc. Power Intros are great, but bring back the TOH :D

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Ant L said:

Who doesn't love a montage.

I've never heard that ident with the Dance Anthems theme/Ibiza anthem before. Was that ever used on air?

My thoughts exactly!

It has been used on air before but not now due to dropping “Where It Begins”, but I thought I’d include it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

* MONTAGE ALERT *

Admittedly I'm a few months late with this one, but here's The Sound of "The One" - 2019 Edition! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8qqpuct8tkmxtp/The Sound of The One - BBC Radio 1 2019.mp3?dl=0

This one is very "One-tro" heavy as I felt they were on top form last year. I've already made a start on 2020, so that might one get posted on time ?!