Unofficial Mills

2016 Power Intros

Ant L

2 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

Annoyingly, Alice Levine is still using old imaging. I mean seriously.... :bored:

I'm with you on this!

Another thing that is annoying is The Official Chart is still using old voices... They even used old voices for the trail that went out on Friday! (here it is if you missed it https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhjcb2qbu7so7xg/Chart Trail 10-02-2017.mp3?dl=0)

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Ant L said:

The new imaging seems to have been rolled out across all the DJs now, but it does leave Newsbeat, the chart and Dance Anthems standing out like a sore thumb with the old voices.

Maybe one day.

Dance Anthems has had the odd new vocal on there I've notice, but I agree the others need to be updated. Newsbeat especially! Since Greg took over the chart I've never been a fan of the vocals, I don't know what they did to them but they sound bloody awful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Another set of Power Intro demos has been published, this time by Contraband Media who created the R1 Breakfast Show imaging. They have already made 100 intros! :shock:

Are IMGR still doing these then or is Contraband Media taking over then? I've heard a few already from them but most of them I've heard are IMGR productions.

These intro's are already giving me 1tros memories. 

• 1 month later...

A bit disappointing that neither IMGR or Contraband Media could create any Power Intros for Big Weekend artists other than ones from the headliners, Katy Perry and Kings Of Leon this year. I heard a fair variety last year so it's a shame they didn't make an effort to do as much this year.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:10 AM, Ant L said:

Pure Jingles have uploaded a demo of some beds they've made for Radio 1, with new voiceovers. Don't think I've heard them on air yet however.

One of them is used for "Tune of The Week(end)"... not sure about the others though.

1 hour ago, Ant L said:

Sounds like the Live Lounge imaging has been updated with the new voices, theme is the same as before.

The Live Lounge got updated a while ago but when I last listened the intro before the actual live performance still had the old voices on. Dance Anthems with Greg has new voices mainly, it's just Danny's show that doesn't. I'm more bothered about the chart now! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oooh Adele played a new ID at the start of the show today with the Where It Begins stuff in it again. I really am loving the work Wish Buddah, IMGR, Pure Jingles and Contraband Media are doing to the imaging with regular updates to the beds's and ID's. It's fresh and not too repetitive as well which makes it great to listen to. I think this is the best Imaging Radio 1 has had for years! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2017 at 11:17 PM, forde52 said:

The Live Lounge got updated a while ago but when I last listened the intro before the actual live performance still had the old voices on. Dance Anthems with Greg has new voices mainly, it's just Danny's show that doesn't. I'm more bothered about the chart now! 

Sounds like the intro has been updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...