Unofficial Mills

2016 Power Intros

Ant L

I'm no expert at controls at R1, but for me it sounds like the TOTH/BOTH songs are pre-mixed on a Friday and the DJ's only have to press one button to play those three songs. Weekends however seems like a mix of one-piece pre-mixed songs and some where the DJ's have to press a button for each song.

I've noticed R1 have started using shorter power intros for some songs, 'Shout Out To My Ex' and a redone 'Sweet Lovin' power intros come to my mind.

1 hour ago, Ant L said:

I have been very reliably informed that the power intros WILL be taking over full time, and that lots of exciting new imaging is "about to drop".

Fun times for us nerds ahead.

Wooooooooooooo! Reliable informed by who (if I may ask)? Did you email someone at R1? If so my money's on Aled. Although would he use the phrase "about to drop"? Maybe not.

On 02/11/2016 at 9:39 PM, OohErr said:

Also, as far as I'm aware it's up to the DJ to start the news ramp at 29:48 - it doesn't get played automatically.

Yes, they've got about 7-8 seconds to get a small speech in before the "This is BBC Radio 1" tagline comes on. I've noticed Scott cuts it fine a lot, and leaves barely half to 1 second. Alice Levine, her approach is different, calm and clear, I like it. It's always a "Time for Newsbeat now with Duncan Middleton. The time is 2:30." Rarely does she say, "It's 2:30 and here's Newsbeat with Duncan Middleton.

Grimmy's timing for Newsbeat is always off. Barely does it get broadcasted dead on the hour or half hour. Usually a few minutes late because he is insistent on playing a song at 56,57,58 or 26,27,28 past the hour. Recently Newsbeat came on at 8:35. Shocking.

I'm here for the ride guys! :D

Brilliant to hear that we are getting closer to a full package of new imaging is coming. Based on what we have been hearing, it looks like the V2 NMF voiceovers will be taking over full time and the 'Where It Begins' tagline will remain. Hopefully we stick to one set of voiceovers rather than a mix of the three we are hearing so far. Cel's show has had some fantastic new imaging rolled in with the new voiceovers in it, some of it sounds very commercial/Capital like but it doesn't matter because they are amazing.

On the subject of the voiceovers, I've identified that one of the new voiceovers is Rachelle Abbott who is the voiceover on the Residency show. I haven't identified the rest of the V2 voiceovers though, I think 3 of them are new while one of them sounds like a female voiceover from the 2012-14 package.

2017 sounds like the year of #WhereNewVoiceoversBegin!  

On 11/11/2016 at 9:02 PM, Ant L said:

I wouldn't exactly call the lead imaging producer at BBC Radio 1 a "moron" but each to their own. 

Well he is probably responsible for the messy imaging currently being spread across. If it's not him then whoever created they 3-way thing is a moron. As I've said before it's not a clear direction. Even if the 2014 ones are ditched (a big mistake) there will still be 2 remaining packages. The Mike Wooller ones that crept their way in earlier this year as part of NMF are the better ones.

On the other hand, the that fact it has taken most of this year to squeeze the new ones in is highly unprofessional. Making us believe we are getting a station mix up, when they're really trying to pull the carpet from underneath us by eventually removing the 2014 package. When the 2014 package launched it mainly all came within hours on one day, with various other sounds replacing old ones over the next few months. This though, they think we're not noticing, they should look more carefully.

Doesn't look like Grimmy's off any time soon then http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/11/new-breakfast-show-imaging-for-nick-grimshaw/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

I've heard a bit of it already and it sounds AMAZING. Blows Capital out of the water.

Is today a day for the new imaging to be rolled out across the entire station i wonder? Fingers crossed.

Seem to be montages out of the news every time, and there was a brilliant one out of the 8 o clock news, new bed, followed by mini montage of the first three songs, and then full montage with Breakfast show power intros. Although he STILL uses his generic beds half the time [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

Made a new thread on this, didn't notice your comments until now, I left my thoughts over there. 

Also, it looks like we shouldn't be accrediting any in-house teams for the power intros, but instead www.imgr.com. Looks like a drag and drop kind of system that R1 would subscribe to. 

6 hours ago, bensteele said:

Also, it looks like we shouldn't be accrediting any in-house teams for the power intros, but instead www.imgr.com. Looks like a drag and drop kind of system that R1 would subscribe to. 

Was just about to put this but beaten again, Completely forgot about IMGR as an option for this!

• 2 weeks later...