Unofficial Mills

Is anyone else listening to Chris Moyles on xfm?

Hannah-may Whiteing

Hiya Hannah,

And welcome to UnofficialMills!

Honestly, Chris has only recently made an impression on me, albeit a lasting one. I was listening when he tried to take over Smooth Radio. Honestly, their music choices aren't for me and with the ADDition (get it...?) of adverts, AND then having to install an app to listen - I've tried retuning my telly - and then for the app to freeze and send notifications left, right and centre.... it's all just a bit messy for me.

Same, it's excellent. Miles better than Radio 1's offering at that time of day. The only thing I miss is Newsbeat - Global's half-arsed attempts at news certainly don't compare to the high quality of Newsbeat, so I'm missing my news fix of a morning. Apart from that, I'm very happy with the new show, great to have the saviour back.

he only thing I miss is Newsbeat - Global's half-arsed attempts at news certainly don't compare to the high quality of Newsbeat

This is so true. You only realise how good Newsbeat actually is when you listen to any other radio station - something I've noticed for a long time. The Newsbeat offices are allllways busy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably more a point for CM.net than here, but I'm not registered there, so.

The other day Chris was deeply offended that Jamie Theakston locked him out of the studio, but I don't know why he was so surprised - I'm pretty sure he couldn't stand Theakston back in the day and slagged him off no end when he was on Radio 1 in the early 2000s.

Also, "anybody that says they don't like Tay Tay is a liar or an idiot" - he used to have a go at her too!

Funny how much you forget in three years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Advanced issue found

?

This is probably more a point for CM.net than here, but I'm not registered there, so.

The other day Chris was deeply offended that Jamie Theakston locked him out of the studio, but I don't know why he was so surprised - I'm pretty sure he couldn't stand Theakston back in the day and slagged him off no end when he was on Radio 1 in the early 2000s.

Also, "anybody that says they don't like Tay Tay is a liar or an idiot" - he used to have a go at her too!

Funny how much you forget in three years.

Yeah it's quite good to hear from Moyles again. I'm just waiting for the day that Karl Pilkington and Ricky Gervais come back to the radio. That was probably the best time for XFM.

I'm not sure quite why everyone hates him so much - weird. Moyles is proven to be homophobic, arguably racist too - and definetly sexist - and yet it's Nick that gets all the stick!

I wish Matt Fincham would return. The show was much much better with him. They also need some new features - they have basically none from 6:30-8am

I actually think the show works so much better without having to shoehorn in features at fixed times....in fact are there any even left?! Even Call or Delete, which is probably the flagship feature is pretty dead and buried now.

Getting rid of the caller at 6:55 and 9:55 was the best things they did, so much better just having a natural chat with Adele (who is so much more bearable and genuinely great conversation at 6:45 than Gemma was), as is Clara, who I think has great chemistry with Nick at the end of the show.

Having Tina Daheley in the studios in between the news and Showbiz news were good additions. An often overlooked best part of the programme is just how effortlessly good Nick is with interviewing guests - that Sia interview was brilliant!

I'm actually 90% sure Tina is in the main studio even when doing the news.

If I was a producer on the show, I'd call for some dramatic changes to features and content to get the best Breakfast Show they can. Perhaps bringing back the Waking Up Song but in an alternative way, perhaps doing some kind of game with callers, or getting someone to give some kind of breakfast recipe once a week that people can try out. Idk, but they do need a big of meat in there.

Nick is effortless with his interviewing. I do think it's such a shame that people are very vocal about hating him.