Unofficial Mills

What will Radio 1 Look Like in 2017?

radio1fan

I think that by August 2017, 2 years into the future, Grimmy will have left the breakfast show, to be replaced by Greg.

Matt Edmondson will get drivetime, and Scott gets Sat/Sun 10-1pm (Plus Radio 2 Cover Shows). The 1-4pm show will be hosted by Grimmy.

Clara Amfo leaves Radio 1, Mid-Mornings will be hosted by some new student talent.

One thing I'm going to halt you on is Clara Amfo leaving Radio 1. There's no real way that Clara could leave Radio 1 in 2017, her stint would be too short and she's not awful, either, I really like her voice and nature. Early Breakfast should be hosted by new student talent, but sadly Radio 1 doesn't seem to champion student talent apart from giving them the odd 3am slot on Easter morning.

I can't say what will happen by 2017 but if Grimmy isn't doing the breakfast show then I don't know who will be. Long term I'd like to see Scott take over, but he's sakd in the past he doesn't want to do it. With that said, Scott is better off doing afternoons and staying where he is. Although he's even doubting himself how much longer he will be on the station, I hope he doesn't leave anytime soon though. He IS Radio 1.

How long Clara will last is anyone's guess. She's rather dull. I personally believe the wrong girl took over from Fearne, Alice Levine should've got it, and I would like to see her get it in the future. Although she'd probably give up her 1-4 weekend slot.