Unofficial Mills

New Breakfast Beds

OohErr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh dear...these are awful and cheesy. The breakfast show is about to be ruined! The current ones are fine, I can cope with minor tweaks like voiceovers which they changed recently, but this is too much.

Grimmy is back on Monday the 23rd. I fear we will hear these new themes then.

Not very Wise from WB. :cry:

Oh dear...these are awful and cheesy. The breakfast show is about to be ruined! The current ones are fine, I can cope with minor tweaks like voiceovers which they changed recently, but this is too much.

Grimmy is back on Monday the 23rd. I fear we will hear these new themes then.

Not very Wise from WB. :cry:

I agree. Why bother fixing something that's not even barely broken?

This is perhaps why people question the License Fee. I bet it cost an arm and a leg, and they're not even any good for local radio. Bring back the days of Emergency Production Music!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Apart from this morning, Scott Mills has been doing the Breakfast Show all this week, and also Christmas Day. I've noticed that the opener of the shows music has now reverted back to the old jingle with the "This is - the Radio 1 Breakfast Show, with Scott Mills" male and female voices. This was the one used between September 2012 and about July 2015 when Scott covered the show. Radio 1 finally updated a tweaked version of the main Grimmy jingles during the summer, and Scott's jingle is now a cut version of the new girls voice over the jingle.

Whereas the older ones are better in my opinion, the new ones do work well to bring it inline with the 2014 branding of the station. However, I cannot understand why they keep reverting between old and new jingles when Scott covers, surely the old ones would've been deleted, preventing them from being used? It's been a while since we heard the old ones, bearing in mind.

Hey @RyanPannell,

I made this point back when Scott covered breakfast while Grimmy was away on holiday. It REALLY infuriates me that they use some bang-up-to-date idents, and some slapped-together-in-5-minutes-using-audacity idents in the same 10 minutes, why can't they just order a few "The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Scott Mills" idents and get it over with?

It's BBC Radio 1, not local radio!

Sidenote, I really really enjoyed the show this morning, but I'm missing Nick!