Unofficial Mills

Moyles for XFM Breakfast?

BlueSkies

What do we think of the reports that Moyles is returning to radio to host the breakfast show on a revamped XFM?

Personally I'd love to here him back on the radio in some form, and I think XFM would be a good fit. Also rumours that Dom and Pippa will be joining him.

Also mentioned is Vernon Kay doing 10-1 and Richard Bacon doing drivetime.

If he does return, I can see it lowering Grimmy's figures further for those that still listen to breakfast on Radio 1 but preferred Moyles.

This news really excites me - even though it's all but confirmed, I really hope it's true. Given the choice between Moyles and Grimmy, it's a no brainer. I would leave Radio 1 at breakfast time for Chris Moyles, although I'd still listen to it the rest of the time.

There's also the worry that any new show would never live up to the old show and would just sound like a poor imitation. However, maybe having been off the radio all this time he's got his edge back and would actually be an improvement on his later days of breakfast.

I don't know what I'd do if it was Moyles against Greg though. That would be a difficult choice.

Why would anyone want to listen to Radio 1 if Moyles was back on, I couldn't care what station he was on as long as I can hear him!

Radio 1 need to go for quality presenters again the only change that I think that the host has happened in 5/6 years is actually better than the previous incumbent was Greg James replacing Edith Bowman & Adele replacing Gemma

• 3 weeks later...

I think Ben Cooper obviously believed Grimmy has what Fearne (now Clara), Scott & Greg have to feature on daytime? I personally don't mind Grimmy in the morning, but I can see why an older audience are changing station, and Grimmy will lose more listeners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like Grimmy is getting a little stronger at presenting, funnier, tighter links. I mean, I am pretty obsessed with him, but... the team make it sound so easy and introducing Tina to the conversations makes it flow better.

However, I do still feel like re-introducing Matt Fincham to the team would be a boost to the show. He was very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Pippa has left Radio 1!

Aled also tweeted a picture of him and her the other day about planning the future of radio. Looks like this is becoming more likely.

XFM reported to be rebranded as Radio X. Looks to be happening in either September or November. If true, some info must be about to be released surely.

Pippa has left Radio 1!

Aled also tweeted a picture of him and her the other day about planning the future of radio. Looks like this is becoming more likely.

XFM reported to be rebranded as Radio X. Looks to be happening in either September or November. If true, some info must be about to be released surely.

XFM also reported to be rebranded as X Radio.