Unofficial Mills

Chart Day

OohErr

Now if they'd used the 2006/7/8/9/11 news ins as well that would have been perfect (although nothing really to do with the chart, just me being a geek).

Aha I'm totally with you there! Would have added that final touch! I'm just wondering who's idea it was to use the old chart packages for the different years? But it goes to show they keep all the old jingles etc somewhere.

Aha I'm totally with you there! Would have added that final touch! I'm just wondering who's idea it was to use the old chart packages for the different years? But it goes to show they keep all the old jingles etc somewhere.

Probably download them from this site haha! But seriously, you'd keep them too if they cost that much!

It screams Aled to me! They played the old Big Weekend beds when they did that day couple of months ago.

I very much enjoyed the day I must admit. Definitely a great touch hearing all the old chart imaging. If you look at timelines, most imaging lasted 2-3 years, with the last major change to the current Music4 package in 2012. Leaves me wondering if we might get something new with Greg on Friday (tweeted him to ask - hope to get a reply!) Will be tuned in with perked up ears!

Listening to all the different packages again and the 2010-2011 package is still on top for me! The current one (which got refreshed in 2013 for Jameela) is grating on me a bit now, and they hardly used any of the alt versions of the beds either!

I too am hoping that Greg gets a new package, It is a completely new show in a way after all, even if he used the 2010 package I'd be happy haha!

Do we know what will become of the Chart Update? The R1 website says "there are no upcoming broadcasts of this programme", so does that mean it's been binned off for good? I remember they launched it to much fanfare back in 2010, but now it seems it's being quietly dropped. It could potentially work on a Tuesday afternoon, no?

Not that it's a great loss, it just means we get an extra half-hour of Mills content each week! Could we be seeing the first ever post-3:30 Bamboleo?

Hello all!

Looks like you could be right. If you listen to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b060xylc at 1:23:56, you'll hear both the new advert for Greg's new chart show AND some snazzy new imaging. If the beds were the same as before, they would have used them instead of the new ones on the advert.

Not long until we find out anyway!

Hello all!

Looks like you could be right. If you listen to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b060xylc at 1:23:56, you'll hear both the new advert for Greg's new chart show AND some snazzy new imaging. If the beds were the same as before, they would have used them instead of the new ones on the advert.

Not long until we find out anyway!

The Music screamed "X FACTOR" at me