Unofficial Mills

Nick Grimshaw could be axed from breakfast show

steve24

The headline is "Could Nick Grimshaw be AXED...." The operative word here is "could". Anyone can question his job at any point, and besides, never trust the Mirror. They described Nick as a "curly haired radio DJ"...... Fear not. Nick won't be axed from a national breakfast show for missing one day of a weekday radio show, especially on a Monday.

He wasn't with the BBC then, though. The BBC has sense.

Wasn't that the Radio 1 breakfast show he was on when he wanted to take Fridays off in the mid 90's? I'd say 20 years on though, Chris Evans has won at life from that situation.

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the nature of The X Factor, the "fact" (get it... no... okay) that there is so long filming sessions, it would disrupt early mornings and would make Grimmy another face amongst the crowd of fired breakfast presenters.

I hate to say this, but I think he might be a good contender for The X Factor. I mean, his singing is shit, but he's entertaining.

And no, if he went to ITV, that's where he'd stay. I doubt he'd be able to work for both corporations, regardless of the job role!

Whoops - didn't read in to this enough to make an appropriate response!

A "source" told The Mirror that "Grimmy would be great with X Factor (.....) it will raise mixed emotions with the BBC, raising the profile for the breakfast show". Ah. Raising the profile. Meaning, he wouldn't leave.

Reports coming out today that Grimmy is in line to replace Louis on the X Factor. Could this get him axed? Although it would create exposure for his breakfast show would the Beeb really want him doing it?

I do know that Ben Cooper is not a fan of X Factor.