Unofficial Mills

The Look Of Newsbeat 2015!

bensteele

We say goodbye to the pixelated logo and the dodgy corporate looking Newsbeat website and HELLO to a big, bold, fresh new website to match the newer branding. You can see the changes @BBCNewsbeat and bbc.co.uk/newsbeat

Only thing I'd say is a bit of a put-off is the Twitter icon. It's laid out BBC, News, Beat. Doesn't look as good, but branding looks pretty good on a whole!

I like it. Looking very good.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, possibly on Greg's podcast, but what is Newsbeat's relation to BBC News and Radio 1? Is it a subsidiary of BBC News, or a part of Radio 1? It seems to me that they are trying to distance the Newsbeat brand from Radio 1, there are no references to R1 on the Newsbeat website (although their YouTube channel is Radio1Newsbeat and not BBCNewsbeat, but that was probably set up before this started and can't be changed).

Speaking of the Newsbeat YouTube page, it also looks like it's got some good content. I'm not a huge fan of the "YouTubers and Us" strand, but I just dislike YouTubers, and I can see how it would help Newsbeat relate to the target demographic. Is the face of Newsbeat on YouTube Nick Rotherham (off of "It's one-thirty, here's Nick Rotherham)?

The way their Twitter icon is laid out suggests that it's wanting to be viewed as a sub-brand to BBC News. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency, how the Twitter colour scheme, Facebook colour scheme and Instagram colour scheme are all different colours. The headers look pretty swish and modern, as does the new website (which, I feel, could do with an integrated comments section).

Is the face of Newsbeat on YouTube Nick Rotherham (off of "It's one-thirty, here's Nick Rotherham)?

Yes; it is! He looks as though he's doing a good job, too. Their YouTube channel will take off, providing it's not too cheesy or dumbed down. It's all about getting the balance of news, but with entertainment entwined too, to keep their audience engaged. Nick can do this. I'm sure of it.