Unofficial Mills

Producers

bensteele

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roushan Alam will be Scott's new assistant producer. He's the producer that was involved in that video with The Saturdays when they attempted to chat him up.

Gutted that Pippa and Travis are leaving Greg's show. They are really good together on air.

Roushan Alam will be Scott's new assistant producer. He's the producer that was involved in that video with The Saturdays when they attempted to chat him up.

I wonder where you got that from... :P

On a completely unrelated note, Pippa and Travis are really good together on air. Gutted that they are leaving Greg's show.

WHAT THE HELL IS RADIO 1 DOING? Moving the best producers away from the best shows! It makes no sense - if it ain't broke etc. Greg's show has really come in to it's own with Pippa and Travis - it was good with Laura but it's really developed with PipTrav in charge. Such a shame that they're being taken away from it, I never would have seen that coming. Stupid decision, I hope Greg's show survives. Now if they take Chris Cox off The Matt Edmondson Show... THEN I'LL BE ANGRY.

(Was it PipTrav's own decision to leave? If so, completely disregard most of this post)

I wonder where you got that from... :P

On a completely unrelated note, Pippa and Travis are really good together on air. Gutted that they are leaving Greg's show.

WHAT THE HELL IS RADIO 1 DOING? Moving the best producers away from the best shows! It makes no sense - if it ain't broke etc. Greg's show has really come in to it's own with Pippa and Travis - it was good with Laura but it's really developed with PipTrav in charge. Such a shame that they're being taken away from it, I never would have seen that coming. Stupid decision, I hope Greg's show survives. Now if they take Chris Cox off The Matt Edmondson Show... THEN I'LL BE ANGRY.

(Was it PipTrav's own decision to leave? If so, completely disregard most of this post)

Completely agree with you. Radio 1 Breakfast, in my opinion, was great with Nick bouncing off Matt & Fifi. Ever since Matt left, it's becoming more and more "zoo". And it's not a good zoo either.

They're moving things for the sake of it now, and it's starting to become a bit of a mess.

Completely agree with you. Radio 1 Breakfast, in my opinion, was great with Nick bouncing off Matt & Fifi. Ever since Matt left, it's becoming more and more "zoo". And it's not a good zoo either.

Oh no, I disagree. They abandoned the whole "no zoo format thing" pretty quickly, and I'd say it WAS a zoo with Matt, Ian, Fiona and in the early days, LMC. Now I think it's becoming less zoo and more solo, and I don't like it.

I've never been a huge fan of Grimshaw's breakfast show - I'm not a hater either. I just think it's average and I don't engage with it in the same way I do with Scott, Greg, Matt Edmondson, Dev etc. There are too many guests as well, and they're usually really boring.

Oh no, I disagree. They abandoned the whole "no zoo format thing" pretty quickly, and I'd say it WAS a zoo with Matt, Ian, Fiona and in the early days, LMC. Now I think it's becoming less zoo and more solo, and I don't like it.

I've never been a huge fan of Grimshaw's breakfast show - I'm not a hater either. I just think it's average and I don't engage with it in the same way I do with Scott, Greg, Matt Edmondson, Dev etc. There are too many guests as well, and they're usually really boring.

You think? I preferred it with Matt & Fiona. Ian was, I must admit, a bit of a shambles but I liked the way that conversation flowed. Now, without being sexist, I think the show is too woman-heavy. There's Victoria, Fiona and now Tina. it just doesn't feel quite right that Tina joins in the conversations, and Vic is little help to any links either.

I have to say, the future isn't looking great for the breakfast show.

I haven't heard Scott's show from today yet, but I'm listening to Greg right now. It seems Ian (formerly off of the breakfast show and Alice Levine) is now producing, but I'm not sure who the AP is yet. It already feels different - didn't make much of that John Williams feature, very local radio/breakfast show esque. Thank god for Chris Smith with the News. They better not take him away from the show.

What's with messing with all the presenter/producer teams that clearly work well for the sake of it, R1?

Geeeez, Ian didn't last at all with Alice, did he?! Perhaps R1 have done a swap (i.e Ian to Greg and Travis to Alice). Also, I'm very confused about Chris Sawyer's move to breakfast. There was no mention of him on air today and I have no idea what his role on that show. Someone has already commented saying that the quality of Grimmy's show has somewhat declined after Matt Fincham's departure and after listening today, I agree wholeheartedly. I hope the same doesn't happen to Greg.

Pippa is off to produce the dance shows. I seem to remember that Dance is her passion anyway. I am not sure about where Travis is going.

I think they have just had a huge reshuffle of producers. I guess from time to time its necessary to shake things up a bit.

I understand the thinking behind this (keeping it fresh and all that) but when two producers click with a presenter and vice versa, what does moving them around achieve? I'm really disappointed to see Pippa and Travis leave Greg's show as his show has improved massively this year IMO and they had really good personalities which meant their contributions were always enjoyable when they were involved on-air. The two of them get Greg's personality, they seemed to get on really well and when coming up with ideas for the show, they know if they'd work on-air or not. It's also strange as Greg seems to be widely viewed as the next Breakfast presenter so in the same way Matt Fincham went to work on Grimmy's 10pm show before he moved, Pippa is a former breakfast producer and would have been the perfect person to prepare Greg for that show.

Also disappointing that Chris Sawyer is gone from Scott's show. I agree with an earlier poster that I think he was a big part of the comedy on the show and some of the ideas. Thought it was telling that Scott made a point of mentioning his departure and saying that he'd be missed even though he didn't have a speaking role on the show - can't remember Scott doing that with past non-speaking producers (apart from The One That Doesn't Speak obvs). Radio 1 clearly see him as a major asset, hence his promotion to Breakfast (although I don't know why he hasn't replaced Fiona as AP). I think Scott's show is going through another golden period at the moment so hopefully the new AP will continue where Chris Sawyer left off.

I understand the thinking behind this (keeping it fresh and all that) but when two producers click with a presenter and vice versa, what does moving them around achieve? I'm really disappointed to see Pippa and Travis leave Greg's show as his show has improved massively this year IMO and they had really good personalities which meant their contributions were always enjoyable when they were involved on-air. The two of them get Greg's personality, they seemed to get on really well and when coming up with ideas for the show, they know if they'd work on-air or not. It's also strange as Greg seems to be widely viewed as the next Breakfast presenter so in the same way Matt Fincham went to work on Grimmy's 10pm show before he moved, Pippa is a former breakfast producer and would have been the perfect person to prepare Greg for that show.

Also disappointing that Chris Sawyer is gone from Scott's show. I agree with an earlier poster that I think he was a big part of the comedy on the show and some of the ideas. Thought it was telling that Scott made a point of mentioning his departure and saying that he'd be missed even though he didn't have a speaking role on the show - can't remember Scott doing that with past non-speaking producers (apart from The One That Doesn't Speak obvs). Radio 1 clearly see him as a major asset, hence his promotion to Breakfast (although I don't know why he hasn't replaced Fiona as AP). I think Scott's show is going through another golden period at the moment so hopefully the new AP will continue where Chris Sawyer left off.

There have always been 3 producers on Breakfast (4 if you include LMC as the "Social Producer"!!). With Ian and Matt going in quick succession that left it at 2 for a while with Vic in, so I imagine Chris Sawyer will be doing the Day Producer role like Ian used to do, where they come in at 8am and must work until later in afternoon to sort stuff out after the others go home.

The new AP for Scotts show is Roushan. He has been a team assistant and in particular on Scott's show for a while I think, and he is funny, especially his twitter. So I think he is a great addition.

• 4 weeks later...
Pippa is off to produce the dance shows. I seem to remember that Dance is her passion anyway. I am not sure about where Travis is going.

Travis is now the AP for Matt Edmonson, not sure if I'd call that a promotion, unless he just wanted to cut down on his hours.

The amount of changes they've done in recent months with producers is really strange. I understand moving one or two to make shows sound fresh, but moving whole teams? The whole daytime schedule has pretty much had complete producer changes.

I wonder whether this is because something else is planned re schedules - put producers with the right people before moving the show elsewhere to the schedule. Happened with Moyles' exit and Fincham moving.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned somewhere but Pippa Taylor is rumoured to be leaving R1 to join Chris Moyles when he starts his (rumoured) breakfast show on XFM, I can't see this being likely though as she has only just moved to Annie Mac's Friday night show.

The new Moyles breakfast show should be good, apparently he's been in talks with XFM producers already on developing the format.

To be honest, I don't know where I stand with Moyles. I used to really love him when he was on Radio 1, but some of the stuff he says, he just seems like an arrogant prick to be honest. He appealed to the 10 year old me.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned somewhere but Pippa Taylor is rumoured to be leaving R1 to join Chris Moyles when he starts his (rumoured) breakfast show on XFM, I can't see this being likely though as she has only just moved to Annie Mac's Friday night show.

I do wonder though whether with being moved from drivetime might mean she wants the move with Moyles. Pippa is an odd name though to be rumoured if it wasn't true, which makes me wonder if there is some truth too it.

I'd be happy to see Pippa with Chris. She was great with Gregg and was good as AP with Chris in the final months.

It would make sense. A new Moyles breakfast show on a re-launched station is a very exciting prospect to work on. There's nothing left for her to achieve on R1 as a producer anyway. She's been a producer on an iconic breakfast show, produced the drivetime show and now has a stint on the dance shows. Going out after the 25th anniversary of Radio 1 in Ibiza would be a pretty huge project to finish with. She's been at Radio 1 for quite a while now and the chance to wrap things up with the Ibiza shows and then team up with Moyles seems like a great way to go out. Best of luck to her if it's true- she's a very talented woman.